Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decision time... any experience to lend advice?

Decision time... any experience to lend advice?

So last year I decided to move from a bino harness to a harness/case. I had decided on the badlands bino mag. I ordered it in Dec or Jan and it is still on backorder, but the store has suggested I may prefer the new Mystery Ranch quick draw bino case.

I have tried the badlands with my binos (vortex talon hd 10x42) and I like it.

Anyone have experience with mystery ranch's new quick draw case that can draw comparisons between the two? I don't have opportunity to see the mystery ranch pack first.

The mystery pack is $99 and the sale price on my backordered badlands case is $119, with $20 difference price doesn't really play as a deciding factor

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Decision time... any experience to lend advice?

These packs are supposedly the cats meow.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/packs/?v=3e8d115eb4b3
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    These packs are supposedly the cats meow.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/packs/?v=3e8d115eb4b3
    Im not a huge fan of mine. Too bulky and the straps rub the shit out of my neck

I had the original badlands one and then the tactical badlands one...original was by far the best of the three. My buddy has the kuiu harness and it is real nice I might be switching from the Alaska guide to the kuiu

I have an Alaskan guide and I like it. Nice to have the binos handy. It also holds my wind powder a spare mag and my tags. I guess it could feel a little awkward at first because it is bulky but I can shoot my bow with it no problem. It seems well made and should last a long time.

I have the MR bino harness. Have only hunted with it for about 5 days but I like it. Also holds my rangefinder which is nice. I have used the Badlands harness in the past, now it collects dust.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I have the MR bino harness. Have only hunted with it for about 5 days but I like it. Also holds my rangefinder which is nice. I have used the Badlands harness in the past, now it collects dust.
    Sooooo... how much you selling the dust collector for then?

I have a used badlands bino harness, don't use it. If your interested shoot me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I have had one of the original AlaskaGuide bino harneses for years and the only problem with it is that it is too noisy for bow hunting. Is the MR any better? Like really quiet?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by mungojeerie View Post
    Sooooo... how much you selling the dust collector for then?

$50 shipped
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004