Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: carcass disposal

Re: carcass disposal

Once Weaver and Horgan put all their policies into place, I'm going to deposit everything except the edible portions of my dream grizzly on their respective lawns.

All I need to do is figure out where to leave the mouth, and where to leave the a**hole.

I think hiding it only hurts us. Keep it visual and accepted as normal. Once upon a one it was common place to see a moose head tied to the front of a truck after a successful hunt. Now you'll get the seat ten deployed at the sight of a rifle in a gun rack.

Sometimes trying to live under the raydar ain't s good thing. Let's not act like hunting is a deviant nature. Every incur lost to he anti's is an inch lost. We wouldn't have lasted as a species if it wasn't for killing and hunting. In that order too.

Thise whoare easily offended are weak. Do we really need to cater to the weak? Is that even a good idea?

our ownthrinkin of trying to be less offensive to the weak is the demise of the strong.

If anything thank the unarguable substinence hunter for making an example of hunting for meat rather than fur, skull and claw.... not that there's anything wrong with that either.

TEX!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    I think hiding it only hurts us. Keep it visual and accepted as normal. Once upon a one it was common place to see a moose head tied to the front of a truck after a successful hunt. Now you'll get the seat ten deployed at the sight of a rifle in a gun rack.

Sometimes trying to live under the raydar ain't s good thing. Let's not act like hunting is a deviant nature. Every incur lost to he anti's is an inch lost. We wouldn't have lasted as a species if it wasn't for killing and hunting. In that order too.

Thise whoare easily offended are weak. Do we really need to cater to the weak? Is that even a good idea?

our ownthrinkin of trying to be less offensive to the weak is the demise of the strong.

If anything thank the unarguable substinence hunter for making an example of hunting for meat rather than fur, skull and claw.... not that there's anything wrong with that either.

I see your point, but think I would respectfully disagree...

We hunters are the minority in this society, and despite what we think, our hunting rights largely depend on NON-hunters. If we show that we are conservationists and ethical harvesters that have respect for non-hunters, we will gain the respect on the NON-hunting community and start to have a positive impact on the voting public and the public image of hunting.

busterpayton, i definetely see your point as well, but unfortunately region two being so close to the mainland you get more city people who just would cause problems seeing stuff like that. And your right it shouldnt be a big deal as it is a GOOD thing they were meat hunters, unlike some. But upon close inspection i definetely think they dropped it there maybe from somewhere higher up on the edge of a cut block, no signs of it being dragged by game or not really blood i can recall. This road is very high traffic during the day on week days with logging, mountwoodside in agassiz, not sure if it would pose any danger to workers, and maybe im over thinking it, but i feel like they could of atleast kicked it off the embankment, or kept the head which was right on the road almost

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Once Weaver and Horgan put all their policies into place, I'm going to deposit everything except the edible portions of my dream grizzly on their respective lawns.

All I need to do is figure out where to leave the mouth, and where to leave the a**hole.
    thx for the laugh...heheheheh

i have dragged a smelly deer hide off the middle of a road 100 feet back in the bush cursing the pig that left it only to find it out on the road again the next morning...preds sometimes like the openess of roads to eat or to poop as it is open enough for them to see all around

Quote Originally Posted by ROY-alty33 View Post
    TEX!!!!!
    Nope........
    ��

Probably somebody butchered at home it's pretty hot out they left the non edible portions out side in the heat...when they went to ditch it it was a little foul so they just chucked it where ever was conveintant.

Everyone (hunters) should do their part and carry their entrails off the road .Whenever we hunt/camp and shoot something you wouldn't know we were there other than the clean outhouse and everything cleaned up.Most hunters are good but some need a kick in the ass.I despise arriving at a filthy camp!