Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: warnniklz 2017

Re: warnniklz 2017

Walleye is the best eating fish IMO, better then all Halibut, Salmon etc... Pike is usually pretty good but just boney
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Took my buddy Tranquilizer out fishing to "Reservoir Lake". My dad whipped up a little chrome chronimid that morning. I thought "what the hell is this thing?" As me and Tranquilizer got on the lake, I told him that'd he'd probably out fish me that day. And that he did. He got his first fish ever on a flyrod. The little guy put the 6 weight to work. He came in at 18". Tranquilizer also got the his second fish ever on a flyrod, being his biggest trout ever at 21". He also learned right away, not to try and grab the handle on a spinning reel.

https://youtu.be/bPOQ6lr-VYM

https://youtu.be/IK3V_EKmkYU

I also took my dad's neighbour out to try and get him his first bear. Only came across a pair of slippers. Bear hunting was tough this year for me. Timing was off. Went from snow, snow, snow to hot weather and grass everywhere. Mother nature just skipped the sweet spot. Couple weeks, the bears should be wandering the roads again looking for love.

nice job on the fly tying.....consistent!

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    First time I've had walleye. Amazing. Last time I'll ever kill a pike though. Did not like it at all...
    Walleye is one of my favourite fish to eat, I'll take a walleye of trout any day of the week

definitely give the pike another chance, those pike in your pics are a bit small for my preferences too, trickier to fillet with the Y bone....and pike are very slimy, I have OCD about not letting the slime touch the meat and soak in cold salt water after....it's great eating!!

funny buddy was laughing about that spoon, looks like a great choice to me....was on slave for a week in Feb, slow fishing (for slave) but still had a great time....sweet post, cool to see some "eastern" fish on here
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Few weeks back we went on a buddy's bachelor party.

This may be a clue to where we were... it's a fork horn... get it!? Fork horn... punishing

Anyways, the groom to be's only thing he requested is we catch some bass. My other buddy was dead set on catching a walleye on a flyrod.

So myself, B-Rad and Jes-Seh-Far hit up the Columbia River for some fly action. It was slow, then I told B-rad to fish the slack water up around the corner. A little while later all I heard was "IT'S A WALLEYE!"
    I grabbed my camera and head up river. As I got to B-Rad, he was pulling this out of the river.

I told him to look again. Definitely not a walleye LOL. He ended up dropping it back in the water. Next thing you know a boat pulls up. The COs pull up to me "did your buddy just release a walleye?"
    I told them the story about how B-Rad was excited about catching a walleye on a fly rod and it was only a err... hmmm... pike minnow. Showed them this picture and we all had a chuckle.

Jes-Seh-Far ended up breaking his rod so we headed back to town to get him rigged up again. We hit up another spot that was kind of hidden for an afternoon fish. I was tired so I was half ass napping while the other two fished. I was just about asleep and heard "GOT A WALLEYE!"

I ignored it to not be duped again. More hollering "FOR REAL THIS TIME!" Allright, I got up and wandered up to B-Rad. Sure enough. He got his walleye on a fly rod.

He tipped the scales at an even 9.2 pounds... I mean 3 pounds

The next day the group of us had a pontoon boat lined up so we could go bass fishing. We started out by warming up on pumpkin seed.

With it being hot as balls out, some of us went commando fishing