Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harassed by antis while grizzly hunting

Re: Harassed by antis while grizzly hunting

You mentioned that one of the vehicles have Oregon plates. If you don't mind giving it to me, I'll make sure they'll get a frosty reception if they try and cross the border. If their intention is to contravene any provincial or federal legislation, they are inadmissible to Canada.

Like others have said good job restraining yourselves, must have been very difficult. Sure hope charges are pressed and at the very least they get some major fines.
    Live to Hunt...

Wow well done guys! Way to take the high road. I think a lot of people would have trouble doing so in that situation. Here's to hoping they get charged or fined.

Quote Originally Posted by heybert View Post
    You mentioned that one of the vehicles have Oregon plates. If you don't mind giving it to me, I'll make sure they'll get a frosty reception if they try and cross the border. If their intention is to contravene any provincial or federal legislation, they are inadmissible to Canada.
    This ^ catch them on the way back down

This was clearly an organized group of anti-hunters.
    Not with the evidence you laid out here. Hope your rant to the CO's doesn't make you look like the loony tune.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

-- when i'm in the bush hunting with my buds, I notice they want to talk to udder hunters who are driving by, why? -- your hunting for deer or moose or anything why wood you stop and talk to others? Talk on here thats what HBC is used for, to share like these threads.
    -- I avoid contact for different reasons
    1. time wasted
    2. who are they anyway and why do they want to talk, like yelling out the windows when yer hunting
    3. if your looking to make friends then join a local hunt club
    4. if someone wants to talk to me about hunting and it's whadever talk on here
    5. just my ways, don't expect everyone to do
    6. never encountered a situation like this one in Reg 3 yet
    7. I'm not out in the bush to talk -- i'm hunting

This stuff is going to happen we know this is escalating so be prepared b4 hand with a script you follow -- on what way I will react to a red dirt road block by whosoever. Examples
    a. I won't allow myself to lose control of my facalty's -- anger- etc
    b. i will not use a violent act against any human being period! Unless in pure self-defense
    c. i will remain as calm as i can, keeping my voice in a medium tone
    d. I will stay in my vehicle, windows up and doors locked
    e. I will not get out of my vehicle
    f. since I do have some of my personal protection I have some relief but leave it alone
    g. I turn around
    h. I leave
    i. If they follow then it get's a lil different, do as above but now get plate number stay in truck
    j. try not to talk too much to anyone you don't know in the bush
    k. chalk it up as an experience, learn from these threads, what to do and what Not to do.
    Jel -- good luck in your hunting travels on the red dirt roads --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-31-2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: EVER BEEN TO SPAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by heybert View Post
    Unfortunately we didn't get the plate number of the vehicle from Oregon. We did get the plate number of the guy flying the drone in a dodge ram, but they were BC plates.

Another occasion where the BCWF conservation app would be handy
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound View Post
    Unfortunately we didn't get the plate number of the vehicle from Oregon. We did get the plate number of the guy flying the drone in a dodge ram, but they were BC plates.
    I think I would also report those incidents to the RCMP, because these guys are breaking the law, under It Is Unlawful;To interfere with or obstruct a person licensed or permitted to hunt, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged. On page 15 in the Regulations Synopsis. It would be interesting to see what the RCMP would have to say, seeing that they and the CO's are payed to uphold the law. Time to get them out of Tim Horton's and into the field!

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    I think I would also report those incidents to the RCMP, because these guys are breaking the law, under It Is Unlawful;To interfere with or obstruct a person licensed or permitted to hunt, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged. On page 15 in the Regulations Synopsis. It would be interesting to see what the RCMP would have to say, seeing that they and the CO's are payed to uphold the law. Time to get them out of Tim Horton's and into the field!
    Have you seen Mick McKee's thread?

The RCMP are about as honest as China's 610 Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..