Thread: region 2 doe tags

region 2 doe tags

Hey folks so while I was looking for my bison leh codes I wondered about region 2 doe tags....so started scrolling and no go...now I know dead line is up and that's fine...but does anyone know why no doe tags for region 2?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: region 2 doe tags

My guess would be that it has to do with low deer numbers overall in Region 2

they offer a doe draw in pemberton whistler area.

Yep! 2-11, October or November... 6:1 vs 4.2:1 respectively. That said, it's a longer drive than a few Region 3 MU's for you. Worth it if you run into PG66 or Gatehouse though!

Man would love to hunt with you...gatehouse....or pg66....would be dream hunt for me....just to gain some region2/blacktail knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Man would love to hunt with you...gatehouse....or pg66....would be dream hunt for me....just to gain some region2/blacktail knowledge
    Haha that is very kind, but I am probably the worst blacktail hunter on the planet. Given that I am particularly passionate about hunting them, the luck of success really speaks for itself and speaks loudly lol

I have to figure out what my sticking points are address them. I think a big one is finding the deer. I can find bucks all spring and all summer, but after early September, they're gone... first light, last light, all day, from the trailcams, etc... gonzo or ghosts. At first I thought they just stopped hitting the salt, but now I am thinking they are mostly gone... probably not far, but where I am looking.

This year we are doing a few things differently:

1) Focus on early season (maybe even get out with a bow)
    2) Trailcams are going right on the trails, not 20M off the trail relying on attractants. I need 100% confirmation whether or not they just stopped hitting the salt or I am completely wasting my time.
    3) If #2 tells me the deer are simply not there, spend the first 2-3 weeks of October finding out where they went, which leads to #4
    4) I suspect mid September through to the first week or two of November, the deer are actually on the side of the valley opposite of where they lure me pre-season. Cams will be up there and other cams will be floating around
    5) Pound the area where we are seeing the most deer (particularly does) end of October through the rest of the season

Each year I get a little better (I think) but I am also a creature of habit. I think BT hunting is the exception to the definition of sanity (doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results) because that is a necessity, but I think there is a limit to it before you need to make adjustments to location, timing, etc.

We did get a little action last year from rattling and whaling on the deer talker call, so we will start that again late October, hopefully in an area where we have keyed in on our pocket of deer. If we can find 1/10th (heck even 1/30th as we see 5-10 deer a day this time of year) of the bucks in the fall that we see in the Spring/Summer, success will be imminent and persistent. If I can prove to mysef I am worthy of showing someone how to hunt BT's, I'll take you or anyone out
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-30-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Hell that's a deal....i have been hunting them and changing tactics....finally found a good spot and hard to take a step without stepping on dropping or a bed....now I'm scouting hard and stocking up on cams lol

has anyone suggested hunting at around the snowline immediately after a snowfall.....this is when/where I have seen most BT bucks in the few times I have hunted for them

Get PG66s blacktail hunting app and you can take him along hunting with you.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!