Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Re: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Just announced this afternoon -- Greens supporting NDP in legislature:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ment-1.4136539

SB

Quote Originally Posted by Hublocker View Post
    Reminds me of the fishing industry. If you haven't heard a rumour by noon, start one.
    Whats the rumour? That's straight from an NDP member, quoted in print.

I'll pull the same moves as with the LGR. Shoot an unregistered bear, not talk about it. When the moratorium ends I'll make a photo album and put the skull on my shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    thats ridiculous
    No that's the NDP + Green party for you .
    Sure it will only be the tip of the ice berg
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

i would think you shoot the bear you own the whole thing hide and all. Just take it home whole that`s what i would call complete retention i`m just sayin.

This is a quote from a global bc article dated nov 2016, it is ridiculous but it's not a rumour. I don't know how to setup a link to the article though.
    To be clear, the NDP is not proposing an all-out ban on hunting grizzlies; they’ll still allow hunters to kill if they plan on using the bear for food.

“When you take that meat out of the forest, you’re not taking the head, you’re not taking the claws, and you’re not taking the pelt,” Horgan said.

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post
    This is a quote from a global bc article dated nov 2016, it is ridiculous but it's not a rumour. I don't know how to setup a link to the article though.
    To be clear, the NDP is not proposing an all-out ban on hunting grizzlies; they’ll still allow hunters to kill if they plan on using the bear for food.

“When you take that meat out of the forest, you’re not taking the head, you’re not taking the claws, and you’re not taking the pelt,” Horgan said.
    If this is the case, it is a very slippery slope for every game species we hunt. If true, taxidermist's should be very concerned. What's species is next? Sheep? Goats? Deer?
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post

Here's the Global Article:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3087870/b-...r-trophy-hunt/

As someone recently mentioned to me (and I am paraphrasing) this election showed us how narrow the voting margins are. It will be a good time to discuss these topics with our MLA's.

We could end up back in the ballot booths in a few months and with an understanding of how much impact a mostly-unified hunting voice has, the dialogue could very different among policiticans. Rather than emotionally driven topics and using grizzly bears as PR, perhaps we would see science based discussion about preserving and restoring habitat.

My main concern that when policy is made to appease emotions, it is straying from actual science and conservation. Once you do that, there is no limit on how far or overreaching it might become.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    If this is the case, it is a very slippery slope for every game species we hunt. If true, taxidermist's should be very concerned. What's species is next? Sheep? Goats? Deer?
    Any big game animal that would be a "Trophy " will be next , we can still hunt then but only retain the meat the antlers-horns would have to be left in the hills .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Hmmm so NOW folks are waking up to what was known....wonder how many hunters voter Horgan?
    How many hunters are going to come to bc..spend $60,000 on a stone sheep..just to leave thecape horns in the mountain and just take the meat. ..ha ha ha..ya seriously.

Srupp