Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Re: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Not really. Just a prefence for handouts over earned money.
    Much of my life I've voted NDP Provincially.
    Never taken a handout, earned a whole lotta money in the business world.
    Methinks you generalize way too much.

Wasn't it you that said you are sending your children to a catholic school, a school that is essentially subsidized by the parishioners of the church?

Not really. Just a prefence for handouts over earned money.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Much of my life I've voted NDP Provincially.
    Never taken a handout, earned a whole lotta money in the business world.
    Methinks you generalize way too much.
    At least you understood it's a generalization rather than a universalization.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Wasn't it you that said you are sending your children to a catholic school, a school that is essentially subsidized by the parishioners of the church?
    No.

I'd like to send my kids to a boarding school in Siberia where they won't become metrosexual pu$$!$.

Most independent schools are funded by tuition more than donations.

The thing about donation, rather than taxation, is that it's an informed decision by a consenting adult.
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Meat retention rules are good, right?

Must of had you mixed up with Wally Man.

No.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

How are the NDP gonna pay for higher minimum wages, bridge toll loss of funding, loss of jobs from pipelines and other construction jobs they ar trying to chop. Let alone teacher and union raise? I tell you how....they are going into the taxpayers pockets!! So those that voted for the NDP ( no damn progress)better get their check books out!!!!

At least you understood it's a generalization rather than a universalization.
    The vast majority of the folks I grew up with in East Van ended up doing very, very well in life in spite of growing up, and in most cases continuing on as NDP supporters.
    Over my lengthy life, both personal and professional I've had the opportunity to learn from, socialize, work with .... with politicos of all stripes including names such as Rolston, Williams, Gaglardi, Gibson, Clark and many others. I'd say that your comment is more of a gross misrepresentation than a generalization.
    But, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I gotta laugh. It's quite apparent that enough people in this Province had had enough of the BC Liberals, so many in fact, that they are no longer in power, albeit by a very slim margin. Even the popular vote was within 1600 votes. 1600 out of 1.5 million! That's almost unbelievable.

Now here's the things that makes me laugh. There are numerous people here that are, in a round about way, insulting those that voted for the NDP or Greens. I'll admit it, I flipped my vote to the NDP. But here's the thing, I was done, and the ultimate way to show government I no longer had confidence in them, and voted for someone else, yet many here were willing to continue on getting bent over. And with getting bent over, most sat and took it while never putting pen to paper, or making an appointment with their MLA. You just sat there and complained, and continue to do the same thing expecting different results. That.... is funny.

As fishermen and hunters, we have a fantastic opportunity here. We have 3 parties that we KNOW want our votes at the next election. Every single vote will count, and that was proven in this most recent election. Sit and do nothing wondering what will happen, or get out there and advocate at your game club, speak with your MLA, write your MLA, write the party leaders, and lobby for what is important to you and important to us, and MAKE IT HAPPEN. Don't sit there waiting for someone else to do it for you....
    Well said!

Lots of healthy passionate opinions all over this forum, great to see...

Perhaps a formal petition, focused on science based conservation, towards the G bear is in order?

Along with the consequence of the surrounding animals that it hunts?

100,000 hunters along with their families, your approaching 1 million voters..

We as a group, need to homogenize our goal of what is so important, for the future of our wildlife...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Meat retention rules are good, right?
    Rules are bad. Freedom is good.

Rules are necessary because people are bad, but rules are interpreted and enforced by people. Every adjustment amplifies inherent flaws.

Better people need fewer rules. Fewer rules mean less negligence and corruption. If it's not a real problem, don't correct it.

It's like bent steel - you can hammer it straight, but it actually becomes weaker. The more you work it, the worse it actually is.