Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

so If we find out later this week that the greens align with the NDP to form government it sounds like both parties agree that they would try to ban grizzly hunting.. how real of a possibility is this?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

Who said they would ban Grizzly hunting? My understanding that some meat retention rules will be added?
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Nothing like playing politics with the scientific management of wildlife and its habitat....
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I'm okay with implementing meat retention rules. Berry fed grizz good, carrion fed grizz bad.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

The problem is from what I've heard, it would be take the meat but you would have to leave the hide. They haven't been very forthcoming about this part.

Reminds me of the fishing industry. If you haven't heard a rumour by noon, start one.

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post
    The problem is from what I've heard, it would be take the meat but you would have to leave the hide. They haven't been very forthcoming about this part.

I guess the wording I heard was to ban trophy hunting of grizzlies so maybe thats where the meat retention part comes in?

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post
    thats ridiculous
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

With those bleeding hearts, only Status Indians will be hunting grizz, I told you to vote Lib and now, kiss the grizz bye bye in a year.
    Jel -- anti hunters and anti animal everything for species at risk, grizzly is in the top three.
    Enviromentalists and greens and to kill is cruel people are spreading thru BC like a wildfire.

Maybe they will ban all trophy hunting one day and put the guides out of business?