Thread: Hi all, I would like to find out about a old rifle I inheirited.

Hi all, I would like to find out about a old rifle I inheirited.

I received this old rifle from a old friend who has passed on a few years ago I believe it is a 303 but not sure. Some of the echoing on it is parkerhale 5.a , and the sight has this circle to look threw and on it it says mark VIII S.M.L.e also a crown on the rifle and B.S.A Co. 1918 SHT LE III star. also A.G Parker and Co.ltd Birminham, I have tried to put pics on here but can not figure how to do it, If some one can email me at chuckerb@telus.net I could send you the pics to put up. I live in Sooke on the Island. thx in advance Charles B. P.s I was told it had a lot done to it and I have never seen sights like this before. Sniper rifle? Also I would like to find out what it is worth ruffly or what I cold trade it for.
    Last edited by chuckerb; 05-27-2017 at 08:08 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hi all, I would like to find out about a old rifle I inheirited.

A Parker Hale 5A is a target sight for Lee Enfields for competition target shooting. What you may have is a military target rifle.
    Some really knowledgeable folks at both Milsurps.com or Canadiangunnutz in the Milsurp forum would be able to help you identify what you have.
    Semper in excretum altum

Re: Hi all, I would like to find out about a old rifle I inheirited.

It is a Great War service rifle, shot my first Whitetail with one, 1917 vintage, in 1964.

The sight is a "volley sight" for massed, directed fire, see the British, at "Mons, 1914" for it's use.