Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good News

Good News

Just found this, http://www.theprogress.com/local-new...for-two-years/

So happy to see out CO's and Ministry standing up for fish and wildlife.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Good News

It's a great start, but his time loss isn't long enough.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Agreed, it should be longer but maybe they will watch him after his time and get a conviction and charges here too.

Getting bans and fines doesn't often stop poachers from cleaning up their act,,,especially frequent offenders who think the rules don't apply to them. Somehow I can't see them mending their evil ways. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they go to another province or territory to see what they can get away with there.

Next time they catch him I hope they seize his boat, trailer, truck, rods, reels, guns, quads etc and then slap him with a hefty fine. That's what they should do to ALL poachers, make it expensive to poach! Then sell all seized equipment and use it to fund habitat restoration.

What are the Federal Fisheries going to do? This individual can guide on the ocean as there is no license required. He and she should not be allowed to hunt or fish on any Provincial or Federal waters. Hunting and fishing are privileges that should not be allowed by those that do not treat it as such.
    Last edited by SPEYMAN; 05-26-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fella View Post
    next time they catch him i hope they seize his boat, trailer, truck, rods, reels, guns, quads etc and then slap him with a hefty fine. That's what they should do to all poachers, make it expensive to poach! Then sell all seized equipment and use it to fund habitat restoration.
    yes yes yes!!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    What are the Federal Fisheries going to do? This individual can guide on the ocean as there is no license required. He and she should not be allowed to hunt or fish on any Provincial or Federal waters. Hunting and fishing are privileges that should not be allowed by those that do not treat it as such.
    Yep, they will be fishing below the mission bridge for the next few years, or his wife will apply for a guiding license...unfortunate.

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

No doubt they are on the radar now and will be watched closely.

If they commit an offense, and are convicted, I would hope the judge imposes a very severe penalty and a lifetime guiding / hunting/ fishing prohibition.

Mr Conservation

Quote Originally Posted by longrifle View Post
    Yep, they will be fishing below the mission bridge for the next few years, or his wife will apply for a guiding license...unfortunate.

'rifle
    He's not even allowed to be a guide helper so I would think he can't be in a boat if there is fishing happening.