Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Bear Encounter

Strange Bear Encounter

So, wednesday afternoon, me and my buddy were out hiking around in region 2 near harrison lake. We decided to take a stroll down a deactivated FSR spur. We hopped off our ATV's locked them up and started down the road. About 60yards or so away from the ATV's my buddy stops to take a piss. He is facing a long sloped area of random rock debris.

He calls over to me, "is that a bear up there?" . I pull out the binos, and sure enough there is a good sized bear that appears to be dead leaning against a rock with its head slumped over it. The eyes were still open, so the jury was out on what exactly this bear was up too.

We are probably about 50-70yards away on the road. So for about 12mins or so, we are taking turns watching this bear with the binos looking for any sign of life. We are making lots of noise, talking loudly. Shouting a couple times. This bear is DEAD still.

We had camped about 1km away or so the previous night, and i remember hearing a single gunshot at 10:45pm. And instantly my brain figured some kind of shenanigins had gone on here that involved this dead bear. After a while we say **** it, and head along down the old road watching the bear the entire way until it was out of sight.

We get to the end of this old closed off road, turn around and walk back to the ATV's.

The bear is gone. What, the , ****.

Here are a couple more photo's.

http://imgur.com/81OT3oM

Any ideas or opinions i would love to hear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18741535_10154700904223358_1382687335_n.jpg 
Views:	1526 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	6377  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Strange Bear Encounter

A couple more photos, the imgur link didnt show, and yes the bear has a big yellow tag on its right ear.

http://imgur.com/w1vV8or

http://imgur.com/u8nEC8l
    Last edited by LordGorjax; 05-25-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Either it wins the freeze tag award or there is something else funny going on....any sign of it being field dressed around there....kind of a weird spot for it to be....very weird

Could be shot but not dead (yet). Unusual behaviour could mean something is wrong with the animal -- sick, injured etc

SB

No signs of any field dressing going on. No spent shells that we could find (we looked) . Also i didnt state, we were only gone from the animal for maybe 20-30mins maximum before we returned and it was gone.

Maybe just a heavy sleeper??
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Sleeping off the effects of being tranquilized and ear tagged ?

I'd guess the effects of recently being ear tagged....or assuming the ear tag is older, and you did hear a gun shot the night before, maybe he was up to no good in somebody's camp and injured as a result
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

With those big looking ears I'd say he's a younger bear, maybe even first year on his own without mom, which makes them more prone to trouble (looking for easy meals where they shouldn't be) so ear tag could be fresh from just having been tranquilized and relocated due to being a nuisance somewhere else...

Betting he has a ketamine hangover.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !