Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange Bear Encounter

Re: Strange Bear Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Been there done that... but who hasn't?
    Haha, you've led a wild life!

Helped a CO friend dart a muley doe once that was tangled in a wire tomato plant cage. We gave her lots of ketamine so she wouldn't get out on the road on us. About 6 hours later, she finally got steady on her feet and wandered off - usually, it's only an hour or so. As we were leaving, I saw her standing in some rich dude's immaculate lakeshore garden, munching down his flowers.

Did you eat tulips after a k-day, Mike?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Haha, you've led a wild life!

Helped a CO friend dart a muley doe once that was tangled in a wire tomato plant cage. We gave her lots of ketamine so she wouldn't get out on the road on us. About 6 hours later, she finally got steady on her feet and wandered off - usually, it's only an hour or so. As we were leaving, I saw her standing in some rich dude's immaculate lakeshore garden, munching down his flowers.

Did you eat tulips after a k-day, Mike?
    Freaking hilarious man!
    Pretend hunter.

Hmmm seen black bears in similar resting places..full belly. .warm sun..time for some rest in a position to watch..seen a bear on Spoken Lake rd years ago laid out like a skinned bear rug on top of a large log pile..i stopped , backed up nothing he looked deceased..got out and he raised his head..i got back in and left.

Doesn't seem to me the tag had anything to do with his position, attitude..
    Srupp

Seen a few bears snoozing this year during the heat of the day, but usually on mossy slopes. The life of a bear involves a lot of eating and napping.

I haven't had time to post them up, but the boar I took this year was snoozing. I watched him for about 45 mins, maybe an hour. The first few mins I thought maybe he was dead, but watching him I noticed he was doing a fair bit of rolling around and stretching. He probably knew I was there, as the wind was all over the place, as had I.

Sometimes bears don't care whether you are around or not. I stood and watched a sow with cubs and took some pics/vids a couple weeks back and the thermals were pushing my scent right down to her. Also had one cross the trail a few yards behind the jeep while I was running it and getting changed for the evening hunt.

On two occasions we have almost been run over by bears that jump up and bolt just as we are about to step on them by accident.

Bears will be bears, even without ketamine. You never know what the will do. Sometimes they are relaxed around people, sometimes they slip out the backdoor when they get wind of you and other times they bolt up the mountain when you are still 100 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Sleeping off the effects of being tranquilized and ear tagged ?
    Bingo we have a winner from the greatest Nuck fan on HBC

watched a big ole fat black bear a few years back from about 60 yards..sprawled out on a big boulder having a snooze. Called out to him and made all sorts of racket and he finally woke after 3-4 minutes of intense yahooing..looked at us, got up and yawned and strolled away as if he hadn't a care in the world.

I saw one bear knock another bear on conscious...

Quite the seen one swat to the head..

I went and found my uncle when we came back the seized bear got up slowly...poor guy had a rough day as the bullet impacted his shoulder...lol.

Daised bear