Thread: Martin Hunter?

Martin Hunter?

I am getting back into traditional archery and bow hunting

Anyone familiar with the Martin Hunter? I want a stable and forgiving shooter. Who shoots one? Pros? Cons?

Cheers
    - Montani semper liberi

Have Boots Will Travel

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Martin Hunter?

Great bow, fast and stable. I have shot many martin bows and found them to be be very under rated.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillman View Post
    I am getting back into traditional archery and bow hunting

Anyone familiar with the Martin Hunter? I want a stable and forgiving shooter. Who shoots one? Pros? Cons?

Cheers

Thats the wooden one, right?

They have have a good reputation, and always have.

The other Martins (alloy risered take downs) not so much

It is a one piece wooden recurve bow 62" length. I gather this model has been in production for about 50 years. I am really looking for a quiet, forgiving and stable shooter in a traditional bow. Not a lot of one piece bows on the market as they are probably more of a problem to ship than the many takedown models on the market.

I was recently reminded that I earned my archery merit badge in 1961 so I probably started shooting archery in 1960. Archery is a sport for all ages... and I got a few more good years in me.... I hope. I have rural property and can shoot anytime I want.
    - Montani semper liberi

Have Boots Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by hillman View Post
    It is a one piece wooden recurve bow 62" length. I gather this model has been in production for about 50 years. I am really looking for a quiet, forgiving and stable shooter in a traditional bow. Not a lot of one piece bows on the market as they are probably more of a problem to ship than the many takedown models on the market.

I was recently reminded that I earned my archery merit badge in 1961 so I probably started shooting archery in 1960. Archery is a sport for all ages... and I got a few more good years in me.... I hope. I have rural property and can shoot anytime I want.
    Not many one piece recurves float my boat, only a 64" super K that I can think of off the top of my head.