Thread: FWID or Hunter Number on License/Tags

FWID or Hunter Number on License/Tags

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else but I'm sure someone on here knows.

With the new FWID are we getting new cards to replace our hunter number cards? I've always had to show my hunter card to buy a license and hunter number is entered on the license. Is that going to be status quo for this year or will the FWID be written on our license/tags.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FWID or Hunter Number on License/Tags

Never mind. Just found it in the regs. Looks like either will work for now.

"You will be asked to produce your Hunter Number or FWID number and photo ID when purchasing a hunting licence"

So does the mean we are not getting new cards?

No new cards. Your number is online. The way I understand it is; You just have to show ID, and they'll punch it in and pull up your info.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

No new cards, you need to print your new certificate from logging into the website or just add the 3 new digits to your current hunter number card...

When you purchase licence/tags the vendor is required to search your FWID online to confirm you are valid prior to issuing anything to you. You should print off your FWID and have it with you, but you only really need to have your FWID number memorized and accompany that with picture ID.

Re: FWID or Hunter Number on metal card

[QUOTE=DartNorth;1793973]I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else but I'm sure someone on here knows.

With the new FWID are we getting new cards to replace our hunter number cards? I've always had to show my hunter card to buy a license and hunter number is entered on the license. Is that going to be status quo for this year or will the FWID be written on our license/tags.

We make FWID cards in Abbotsford, BC Feel free to check them out. https://wildlifeidcards.com/