Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: LEH hopes and dreams!

Re: LEH hopes and dreams!

try google earth....looks like lots of logged areas I would assume is crown

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Isn't 8-04 for Elk all private land? I put in my application for the late antlerless Elk in 8-04, but only realized after that it was all private (and I dont know any land owners)
    Hmm where did you see that the draw was for all private land? I found another HBC thread from last year that says the same thing:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-elk-draw-help

8-04A is made up of parts of 8-04, 8-05 and 8-06 and looking at Google Earth appears to contain quite a bit of crown land.

I checked back and looked at the 2016/2017 LEH synopsis which says the 8-04A Antlerless Elk draw is restricted to private land.

In the 2017/2018 LEH synopsis, this does not appear to be the case. Maybe in 2016 they were just trying to get a feel for the population levels, as I believe this draw was only introduced in 2016. Now if last years odds were 125.4:1 when the hunt was only private land, I wonder what the odds will be this year if it includes crown land and has the same number of authorizations lol ... guessing it will be more like 1000:1, but that's ok, I am going to win.

You had me worried there for a sec... thought I had just made a $6 donation to general revenue.

Unless I am missing something, the draw is for anywhere in 8-04A, not just private... but worry not land owners... if caddisguy gets the draw, we can help out if you have a problem Anterless Elk frequenting your garden... simply PM date stamped trailcam photos and weight estimate
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-31-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Hmm where did you see that the draw was for all private land? I found another HBC thread from last year that says the same thing:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-elk-draw-help

8-04A is made up of parts of 8-04, 8-05 and 8-06 and looking at Google Earth appears to contain quite a bit of crown land.

I checked back and looked at the 2016/2017 LEH synopsis which says the 8-04A Antlerless Elk draw is restricted to private land.

In the 2017/2018 LEH synopsis, this does not appear to be the case. Maybe in 2016 they were just trying to get a feel for the population levels, as I believe this draw was only introduced in 2016. Now if last years odds were 125.4:1 when the hunt was only private land, I wonder what the odds will be this year if it includes crown land and has the same number of authorizations lol ... guessing it will be more like 1000:1, but that's ok, I am going to win.

You had me worried there for a sec... thought I had just made a $6 donation to general revenue.

Unless I am missing something, the draw is for anywhere in 8-04A, not just private... but worry not land owners... if caddisguy gets the draw, we can help out if you have a problem Anterless Elk frequenting your garden... simply PM date stamped trailcam photos and weight estimate

Ahhh.... Yes you are right. In the 2016/17 LEH regs it specifies Private Land only for this draw, but in the 2017/18 regs it doesnt specify.

If you get the early season draw, and I get the late season - lets work together...

I also saw this draw 8-04a I was going to apply but I have a lot of other stuff planned. If I got the draw though I was thinking lots of huntable area around whipsaw I recall doing some recon on this. Cool hunt for sure, might be some wild odds
    Last edited by Steelpulse; 05-31-2017 at 11:26 PM.

So is there any info out there about when we will get our results? Now that it is all electronic a person would think it should be faster. But knowing how the gov't works it could be slower than last year lol.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    So is there any info out there about when we will get our results? Now that it is all electronic a person would think it should be faster. But knowing how the gov't works it could be slower than last year lol.
    Last few years its been the last week or two of June, so perhaps a bit sooner now that its electronic? Fingers crossed anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    I think having it electronic just makes the process more efficient as there is less data entry, so less humans and man hours required for that part. My understanding though is that part of the process didn't necessary hold things up and there is apparently a signoff process where each draw / hunt code needs a final signoff (government, biologists, etc?) and if there is any sort of disagreement with one draw it holds up everything. Having it electronic might make things marginally faster, but I would still suspect we're still looking anywhere between mid June and mid July. That said, today would be nice