Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH hopes and dreams!

LEH hopes and dreams!

I haven't seen much LEH discussion this year. I applied for my doe last week and caddisgirl applied for hers today.

We only applied for a doe last year... we both got it and put a weekend into it. We only keyed in on the does on last morning but no responsible shots (one was skylined and the other would have been a texas heart shot) so we went home empty handed.

This year we also applied for a shared moose hunt and made the mistake of doing a group elk hunt for a slim chance draw before realizing it would have been way better just to apply as individuals (group is only considered one applicant but might get more tags if there are leftover authorizations) but that's fine... not going to cancel/change it.

I called up my brother who just got his hunting license. I have been pestering him to apply for LEH before the system starts crashing (which started happening tonight with the site throwing SQL errors and acting laggy) as they are a few decades behind in infrastructure (autoscaling is the norm now) but fair warning to get in there soon as it will probably be unusable the last few days before the deadline ... he joined our shared moose hunt, applied as an individual for the cow elk and put in for the same doe draw. I suspect we'll get something and make a weekend or two of out it.

I never really bothered with moose or elk before since I have been so obsessed with chasing blacktails. I figure pushing my comfort zone and forcing myself to explore new places might do me some good too. I'll certainly reserve the first half of September and late October and the first few weeks of November to BT's.

It will be fun to hunt moose or elk a little bit or get a doe in the freezer. Nothing more I would rather do that let the blacktails be the exclusive cause of my insanity, but I think a little LEH will help me expand my horizons and learn a thing or two about other species and other areas... plus forces me into muley territory and I would like to think I am a formidable opponent of the muley

What is everyone elses LEH hopes and dreams? No need to be specific about which draws. What species are you hunting? How long are you camping out? Going with friends and family?
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-23-2017 at 10:02 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH hopes and dreams!

Only put in for a Van Isl Rosie, as always... decades and still waiting...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Only put in for a Van Isl Rosie, as always... decades and still waiting...
    I have a feeling you might just get it this year and I'm crossing all sorts of digits. You deserve it. Anything else? Doe draw? (is there even one on VI? I haven't checked!)

I put in for a Moose. I'm going to try for GOS Elk as well.

i put in for a roosie, mule doe, and shared moose...our same group as last year

LEH is the best government run fun game going anywheres, what's more exciting to a hunter than LEH games hey Yah Heeeeee whoa! When the lottery starts rollin and tumblin the hunters are on edge, BAM!
    Jelly -- BC LEH is what gamblins all about -- Pardner - Yah pays the bucks, yah takes yer chances
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-23-2017 at 10:32 PM. Reason: So much X site ment coming soon folks

I put in for everything and plan my fall accordingly. If nothing I'm pissed for 5 mins then realize I then get to plan whatever I want! It's a win win

Hmm put in for shared moose, shared bison, Antler less mule deer, fall grizzly where there are an extra 150 g bears.., plus antler less elk late season, and my dream hunt..Spenses Bridge late bighorn sheep.. ... ...... ...... .....
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    I put in for everything and plan my fall accordingly. If nothing I'm pissed for 5 mins then realize I then get to plan whatever I want! It's a win win
    Exactly! Worse case scenario, I'll take another bear, maybe take a few weekends off BT's for an "out of town" muley trip first half of October, then back to BT's. Maybe you will focus on muleys, whitetail, the elusive spike fork... who knows. The fall back for a guy living in BC and especially the Okanagan isn't so bad. We live in the best province ever... I talk to guys in Ontario who get a few short GOS seasons here and here and have to drive 10 hours up North to get a little bear. May your GOS plans be inconvenienced with a few LEH surprises

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm put in for shared moose, shared bison, Antler less mule deer, fall grizzly where there are an extra 150 g bears.., plus antler less elk late season, and my dream hunt..Spenses Bridge late bighorn sheep.. ... ...... ...... .....
    Srupp
    Bison wow I haven't even considered it... committed to a 3 hour drive this year. One day though, one day.

I hope you get your dream hunt this year Steven.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-23-2017 at 10:35 PM.