Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH hopes and dreams!

Re: LEH hopes and dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I think I understand. I just watched a few goat hunt videos on YouTube... a co-worker also showed me a video and some pictures of goats they were seeing on a hike in the Chilcotin region.

Glassing from up high, wondering what's over the next mountain... seeing some goats way over on the next mountain and trying to close the distance... can turn into a heck of a stalk. I can see how that could be exciting.

I was looking at the 3-16 options as that is a little closer to home... not super close, but not bad. I am guessing the drive would be the short part of the commnute... hiking up into the mountains could take a while. It looks like steep country... saving that hour or two of driving probably results in several extra hours of pain. That said I have never had boots on the ground there so I don't really know what it would be like... just speculating.
    3-16 is spectacular hunting for goats. Once you are up top it is unbelievably beautiful country and unforgiving and steep. Its worth putting in for those draws just to be in that country and there is fairly decent access to some of the draws.

Put in for moose and Anterless blacktail. My hunting partner and I were going to put in for VI elk draw put decided not too. First time putting in for a LEH draw so I'm excited to see if I am one of the lucky ones!

I've got a new hunting partner due September 8th, so I only put in for island elk, with late season cow as a second choice. I feel as though a couple weeks out of town having fun, leaving my dear wife at home with a newborn would be ill advised. The wife will be taking the little guy back east for a visit in November, so I'm gonna hit blacktails and bears HARD while they're out of town.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Put in for shared moose, group elk, mule doe and Granby sheep draw this year, here's hoping I can draw one, mmmmm-moose, it's been a few years!
    If you get the sheep draw, look me up. I am more than happy to put you on a Cranker

I'd like to see my dad get his reg 3 goat draw. To help him get a goat is my dream hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    If you get the sheep draw, look me up. I am more than happy to put you on a Cranker
    Will do Palmer thanks, one of our buddies got the draw last year and cashed in, what a Ram!! Good luck with your draws as well.

Oh and congrats on the new addition to the family Squamch!!

VI elk, shared moose, caribou, sheep and mule doe (first time). Taking 3 months off this fall for hunting/relaxing and to see if I am ready for the permanent time off, aka retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzie View Post
    Bison, Mule Doe, Moose, Archery Elk but the one I'm feeling good vibrations from is Bighorn sheep. Seems that new Browning hells canyon speed in 6.5 creedmoor wants to head up the mountain.
    Amazing gun, I love mine... And it's exactly why I applied for the mountain sheep!

When results will be out? August. ?

well after waiting until the last minute last year and not being able to enter my brother and I got a big jump on things... just submitted all my draws after a few attempts logging in.