Thread: 3-37 & 3-42 Bear Hunting - where to camp

3-37 & 3-42 Bear Hunting - where to camp

I have a Grizzly tag and could only manage one long weekend from the Warden. I have not hunted these wmu's before. Driving up Thursday May 25th, staying through to 28th.
    Looking for advice on a good spot to set up my camp - I'll have a 12 ft cargo trailer. Hopefully an atv by then... plan is to look at road access close to slide chutes and glass the fresh green transition zones just beneath the snow line. Is there a forestry service site at a little lake or river front within an easy drive to some slide areas... tips would be much appreciated. Also, my hunting partner had to cancel due to his mom's surgery so I will be on my own. If anyone wants to join forces next weekend, drop me a PM.

Looking for a Grizzly, but will gladly but a hole in a Black as well.

Thx!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-37 & 3-42 Bear Hunting - where to camp

Looks like there are sites on the west shore of tum tum... anything at one of the smaller nearby lakes? on the river? Think I will start there and hunt up the oliver...

The site at Tum tum lake is decent and probably the best option. A few small sites along the river on the tum tum FSR but its washed out at 11km. Gotta get in through the Finn tum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mann89 View Post
    The site at Tum tum lake is decent and probably the best option. A few small sites along the river on the tum tum FSR but its washed out at 11km. Gotta get in through the Finn tum.
    tried the Finn Tum road and there was still a foot of snow covering the road at 17k near salmon lake.

had to back track all the way to Vavenby and take the Adams Lake road which is in great shape.

cannot go north to Tum tum because the washout at 11k .... So can't get in there at all

went to Harbour Lake instead...

Saw a grizzly.

didnt shoot it.

the end

You can get through harbour to dudgeon to tum tum at 29 km.

good to know... I ran out of time.

If I had another couple days i may have been able to wait for my bear to reappear. Saw his galloping rump from 30 yards when I rolled around the corner. I wasn't following at dusk on a solo hunt. Pretty impressive seeing one up close though. Hopefully I'll get another chance... although looks like the regs may change if the NDP are pushed in by the greens...