Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new scope for 30-06

Re: new scope for 30-06

The one Corbs got for sale right now looks good there OP....

Bushnell is running a 25% mail in rebate and Wholesale Sports is giving an additional 25% off. With the discounts, I think the Bushnell are worth a look. I just picked up a Legend Ultra 4.5-14x44mm with side focus and mildot reticle, a pretty decent scope for a bit over $200 with the rebate.

3-9x. Take your pic - B & L Elite, Vortex, Burris, Nikon.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Just like all the above. You cant go wrong with a Leupold. I have a VX1, VX2 Vx3i, and two VXR. I think the vx2 and vx3i are the best for hunting. Pick which ever one falls in your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth204 View Post
    Yeah. Scorpion riflescopes are waterproof and fogproof, just like every other scope made lol. Guys above are giving you good advice. In that price range look at Leupold VX2 and any of the Vortex products, hard to beat an unlimited lifetime warranty that the company actually stands behind
    Bought a vortex for my weatherbee last year and love it, I have a leupold VX2 on my Ruger but find the vortex clearer and better in the dusk situations then the leupold. And the lifetime, no hassle warranty is amazing, however leupold has been good to me on bino replacement before.

Nothing wrong with Vortex products
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

absolutely nothing wrong with Vortex and it meets or exceeds Leupold in the same price range. Do your research, votrex is ranked higher for the high end glass than Leupold. That being said there is nothing wrong with either of them. Some of these old boys are just doing what their daddy taught them many moons ago and for sure Leupold has been one of the best brands out there for a long time, doesn't mean that newer brands like Vortex are crap though.

Back to the topic on hand. I have a dial and shoot Nightforce, its pretty sweet I gotta say, and a lot of fun at the range, but as far as dialing and shooting...I have yet to do it hunting. You need to be hunting a certain way to use the dial and shoot, and you need multiple people with you. Someone has to range the target, if you need to figure out the number of clicks then you are possibly using some type of computer to assist you in your trajectories, meanwhile you are setting up for a prone shot, and you need a spotter to call out stuff for you like wind. If you know your bullet trajectories out to 300 yards you are probably never going to dial and shoot unless you are specifically choosing to shoot long range, which isn't really my style either. Usually shit is happening so fast you are just holding over and shooting, so don't put too much into the dial and shoot crap you see out there unless you are setting up on a gopher collony or something.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Leupold is always a good choice, but I think at around the $400 mark other companies are giving them a run for their money and better value....you mentioned you prefer dial and shoot method over a bdc reticle, vortex obviously has a bunch to consider, and I really like the burris c4, got mine for about 400 and they are great value for the money
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I bought a Razor HD LH. So far it's pretty. Haven't had it out yet. Good price for the feature set. 1.5-8x32 with a German #4 and BDC marks that suit my cartridge. Eye relief puts my Leupolds to shame. Not too shabby.

...some of these old boys....gawd, it just never ends on the internet!

Did you, in your extensive knowledge and consequent "wisdom" EVER stop to THINK that many of we "old" shooter-hunters may actually have owned, used and thus learned what we find "best".

My "daddy" did NOT teach me shooting as he did not shoot, own guns and I learned from several genuine experts and working professionals, i.e. Inspector Joe Guillbault, BCF&W who was the world champ. at Bisley in the late 1960s. So, your comment is offensive and just ludicrous.

I currently own about 35 rifles, have Zeiss, both W.German, and Conquest, Swarovski, Leupold, B&L, Meopta, and have had many other makes over some 50 years. I learned by DOING and that is how we "old" shooters do things......I recommend that you follow suit.