Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new scope for 30-06

Re: new scope for 30-06

Might as well be as helpful as I can for my first post here. Check this guy out on CGN.https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Nice-Leupolds I don't know him personally, however 325 for a VX2 3-9x40 is not bad of a deal.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth204 View Post
    Yeah. Scorpion riflescopes are waterproof and fogproof, just like every other scope made lol. Guys above are giving you good advice. In that price range look at Leupold VX2 and any of the Vortex products, hard to beat an unlimited lifetime warranty that the company actually stands behind
    Actually they claim 'weatherproof and shockproof', weatherproof may not equal waterproof. No claims on the Scorpion site as to what their definition is, sketchy at best.
    Ran into the same issue years ago dealing with Nikon, they promised some products were waterproof, but others just weatherproof.
    Know what you are buying
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Hey guys hope everyone's may long is started off right....anyways was looking at getting new scope and saw the scorpion venom range dial shoot system...just wondering how guys like it....my budget will be about 400 bucks...open to other suggestions of brand...but I really like the idea of range dial shoot system.
    Leopold 2.5 X 8 V-2
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I'm a naysayer on the VX2. They have a known issue where over time the power ring becomes so stiff that it is nearly impossible to turn it. They do have a great warranty and they repaired mine promptly but it was still VERY stiff. I also don't care for the smaller objective but that is a personal old guy with less than awesome vision.

In your price range I'd look at the Vortex scopes. Or save up some more cash and get a VX3 or even look for a used VX3.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Leupold vx1,Redfield revolution or a used vortex viper

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I would look for an used Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40, not a better scope for the money, you can see if you can find a CDS version as your looking for Range, Dial, Shoot system !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I
    In your price range I'd look at the Vortex scopes. Or save up some more cash and get a VX3 or even look for a used VX3.
    I wouldn't touch a Vortex. leupold all the way
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Well awesome responses guys....i think I wil draw my attention to leupold...and I'm great with the gun...but eye relief is brutal with the Bushnell crap on there right now.

i put a Redfield Revolution on my 7mm-08 savage lightwieght hunter and really pleased with the results.It was just under 400 and it performs lust great

i put a Redfield Revolution on my 7mm-08 savage lightwieght hunter and really pleased with the results.It was just under 400 and it performs just great