Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new scope for 30-06

Re: new scope for 30-06

I use a VXII on my '06. I like it. I destroyed a Vortex Diamondback on a light 375 with max loads, but that is asking a lot of a $400 scope. Yes, it was replaced.

I just found another Conquest 3-9X40 MC, Dewey, brand new in the box.

For the price point, those were amazing optics. I snatched it up quickly, as a mate to the one I bought from Nechako 5 or 6 years ago.

Sad day when Zeiss discontinued them and moved on to other models.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    ...some of these old boys....gawd, it just never ends on the internet!

Did you, in your extensive knowledge and consequent "wisdom" EVER stop to THINK that many of we "old" shooter-hunters may actually have owned, used and thus learned what we find "best".

My "daddy" did NOT teach me shooting as he did not shoot, own guns and I learned from several genuine experts and working professionals, i.e. Inspector Joe Guillbault, BCF&W who was the world champ. at Bisley in the late 1960s. So, your comment is offensive and just ludicrous.

I currently own about 35 rifles, have Zeiss, both W.German, and Conquest, Swarovski, Leupold, B&L, Meopta, and have had many other makes over some 50 years. I learned by DOING and that is how we "old" shooters do things......I recommend that you follow suit.
    don't get your panties in a bunch, my comments were directed at the guys insinuating that Vortex was garbage chinese crap. I have in the last few years spent a bit of coin on optics, and that was not before investing a ton of my time doing research. Vortex are the new kids on the block and people are generally not interested in change, and thus they slam what they don't know and find silly reasons like the offered warranty as justification for such. That being said I only own 1 vortex scope and its a lower end model, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one of the better reviewed/tested/trusted models if I was buying optics in that price range. Yeah I said panties...Im just kidding btw
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Ya what he said. $400 or so budget will get you a solid Leupold that won't fall apart like Chinese junk when that buck of a lifetime shows up.
    Just FYI, The Rifleman series scopes (with gold ring) sold in Walmart in the states by Leupold made in China, New Leupy Bx2 Tioga binos - Made in China

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...cope?a=1332935

Seem to get good reviews though just know what you are buying
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

just bought a vortex viper 3.5 x 10 x 50mm for $399 at Dante sports in Que, ask for Boris .Vortex has a lifetime warranty .