Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new scope for 30-06

new scope for 30-06

Hey guys hope everyone's may long is started off right....anyways was looking at getting new scope and saw the scorpion venom range dial shoot system...just wondering how guys like it....my budget will be about 400 bucks...open to other suggestions of brand...but I really like the idea of range dial shoot system.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new scope for 30-06

If it's for a hunting rifle, IMO your best bang for your buck is going to be a leupold vx2 in that price range. It's a bit over 400. Or next best is the vx 1. get the basic old duplex reticle and just get good at shooting your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    If it's for a hunting rifle, IMO your best bang for your buck is going to be a leupold vx2 in that price range. It's a bit over 400. Or next best is the vx 1. get the basic old duplex reticle and just get good at shooting your gun.
    Ya what he said. $400 or so budget will get you a solid Leupold that won't fall apart like Chinese junk when that buck of a lifetime shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

You can find Quality used Leupold or Zeiss Conquest mc or Terra for that price.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

This^^ I have this on my 30.06
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Yeah. Scorpion riflescopes are waterproof and fogproof, just like every other scope made lol. Guys above are giving you good advice. In that price range look at Leupold VX2 and any of the Vortex products, hard to beat an unlimited lifetime warranty that the company actually stands behind

I've got a Leupold VX-1 on my 30-06, 3-9x40 very happy with it. Standard duplex reticle, and great light transmission at dawn/dusk.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

I have a vx3i 3.5-10x40 duplex on my 06. Great all around scope. Even a fixed 4x would be great.
    Going for a leupold fx 6x for my 300. Keep it simple for hunting. Usually your game doesnt.
    Leupold is a tried and true classic for many years for a reason

i have a scorpion venem the rep.gave me to try about 6 years ago . i have had it on a 30-06 and a 300wsm hasn`t failed at all . they have an over the counter warrenty its equal to a vx1...imo...now i don`t use it on my hunting rifles...lol
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

VX2 on all my rifles, you can't go wrong.