Thread: Is Tulammen FSR/Britton FSR off Coquihala open or closed? please help

Is Tulammen FSR/Britton FSR off Coquihala open or closed? please help

Anyone know if tulammeen FSR is on off the Coquihala?

I have tried googling to find out when the Tulameen FSR re opens after winter, but I can not find any web site or anything. I am wanting to heady up there with the kids and family to try out the new hunting camper.

Looked at the highway cams and there isn't any snow...But that doesn't tell me if the FSR is open or not.

ANY help on finding out today would be great. Or guide me to a web site or a phone number so I can find out.

Thanks ahead of time.

Excited for my second year hunting
    First year hunting 2016. Trips scouting/hunting 35. km driven 4500km. moose count 2 (our group got). grouse count 5

Experience gained and ready to be used for 2017...priceless.

2017 Results
    Trips out scouting 4 (2100km)
    trips hunting 1 (4200km)
    1 bison
    4 rabbits
    16 grouse

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is Tulammen FSR/Britton FSR off Coquihala open or closed? please help

Drove past that exit on Sunday, the Coquihalla Lake Road going west had at least a foot of snow on it visible from the highway and looked like it got deeper quickly.

It snowed at the summit just a couple days ago. Tried to get to Murray lake area a week or so ago, and there was still plenty of snow on the fsr's. I would assume the Tulameen side at Britton creek would be no different.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Quote Originally Posted by plumberjustin View Post
    It snowed at the summit just a couple days ago. Tried to get to Murray lake area a week or so ago, and there was still plenty of snow on the fsr's. I would assume the Tulameen side at Britton creek would be no different.
    I was wanting to get to murphy Lake. I know it snowed on the pass just last week. But the Highway cam doesn't show much of anything on the mountains. Any suggestions for a young family to take the kids in the bush to go camp/fishing? Maybe out princeton way???
    Last edited by mrtires24; 05-19-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    First year hunting 2016. Trips scouting/hunting 35. km driven 4500km. moose count 2 (our group got). grouse count 5

2017 Results
    trips hunting 1 (4200km)
    1 bison
    4 rabbits
    16 grouse

Last Sunday I took a trip up the canyon from Tulameen. I got to the Champion creek FSR with only a few dicey areas in the canyon itself but that was slide's not snow. Then going north the from the intersection I got 2km (21km) before a bumper deep snow drift as far I could see changed that plan. Going south from the intersection I got to the bridge not 100 yds before I could see the whole side of the hill had come down and left snow 5' deep at least until the next bend. The snow on the other roads seems to be receding nicely but not these ones. And don't even try Lawless, I only got the 12km going west, the week before it was only 10km.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Thans for the heads up everyone. Wont be trying that area. Might head further north. Not sure. Decisions decisions. Will post what I see as far as RD conditions

2017 Results
    trips hunting 1 (4200km)
    1 bison
    4 rabbits
    16 grouse

I'm at our Tulameen place for a bit now.
    No snow in Tulameen but you don't have to go far on the FSR's to find some.
    As Steelco said, you won't get very far going West on Lawless, River road is a lot better ( it's a lot lower elevation ) but apparently lots of washouts, slides and other assorted calamities.
    Son lives in Princeton and is off camping at one of the Lakes just off 5A, forget which one, some of them might be doable.
    The way the snow is disappearing , give it anothert wo weeks or so and you'll have lots of options.
    Heck, we've run into pockets of snow on Lawless in late June.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtires24 View Post
    I was wanting to get to murphy Lake. I know it snowed on the pass just last week. But the Highway cam doesn't show much of anything on the mountains. Any suggestions for a young family to take the kids in the bush to go camp/fishing? Maybe out princeton way???
    We go up to Murphy a few times every year and usually around this time as well. I was just through there last week and there's still over a foot of snow on the way in. Coq Snowmobile club were still offloading their snow mobiles in the 0k parking lot until a couple weeks ago and as of a week ago they were still managing to sled to the 10k parking lot. The highway cams are deceiving because all the brown you see on the sides of the road is dirt covered snow at the summit and Coquihalla Lakes turn off. If you click the cam then the weather button, it'll show the depth of snow on the ground at some of the cam spots where theres a weather station. Summit still has 80+ cm of snow. I feel your pain. My suggestion would be to continue down to the Coldwater exit and try Murray or Gillis Lake. Great little spots especially if you have kids because the lakes are nicer for swimming/other water activities than Murphy. If they're into that sort of stuff and not just focased on fishing. Like Justin said, there was a decent amount of snow up until a week ago but we've had some warm weather so you might be good now. Best of luck!