Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ungulate Saviors ...... Do you contribute?

Re: Ungulate Saviors ...... Do you contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

And from my experience the bears not the wolves are a major reason for the declining game numbers.
    Get out there and kill a bear or two then!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Souwester, every area has it's nuances with respects to habitat challenges, human interface, pred prey relationships....the list goes on.
    Very few areas are the same.

The big picture is to get behind and support the model that will bring the resources to address critical factors that are handicapping wildlife in BC.
    Wildlife will never benefit regardless of partnerships if the resources are not brought to the table.

Long way to go but off to a good start.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

I don't know why anyone is arguing bears vs wolves. Bears and wolves are predators and will kill and eat ungulates, we all know that.

Hunting and killing a few bears may not make a huge difference, but it can't hurt, and might help a bit. I know I've come across a fair amount of bear scat with fawn toenails in it.

And yes, I hunt bears. Killed dozens, ate them too. I think in the last 5 years I've killed 8 bears, and helped out new hunters to kill a few , too.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!