Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF- News release- Groundbreaking MOU signed

BCWF- News release- Groundbreaking MOU signed

Nelson, B.C.

Five of the province’s leading conservation organizations have signed a historic Memorandum of Understanding in support of growing wildlife populations in British Columbia. The BC Wildlife Federation, Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia, Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia, Wildlife Stewardship Council and the B.C. Trappers Association came together to announce the MOU at the BCWF’s Annual General Meeting in Nelson on Saturday.

Concern about the on-going decline of wildlife including, moose, mule deer, elk, wild sheep and caribou brought the conservation organizations together for the sake of building and maintaining healthy wildlife populations for First Nations, B.C. residents, guide outfitters, trappers and the non-hunting public. The MOU follows the provincial government’s recent announcement that all hunting licence revenues will be re-invested to enhance wildlife management activities.

“This MOU is another mechanism to ensure the province invests in our wildlife”, said John Henderson, President of the Wildlife Stewardship Council.

Jim Glaicar, President of the 50,000 member BC Wildlife Federation said, "The collaborative efforts of our five organizations will help to ensure the province follows through on its commitment to enhance wildlife management."

Michael Schneider, President of the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia said, "This is a great opportunity for our organizations to work together for the betterment of wildlife in the province."

“B.C.'s wild sheep populations have been declining for years", said Rodney Zeman, President of the Wild Sheep Society of BC. "This MOU will help to ensure we put and keep wild sheep on the mountain."

B.C. Trappers Association, President Brian Dack said, “We look forward to working with our conservation partners in support of growing more wildlife."
    Make sure to Like and Share us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Twitter- @BCWildlife

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF- News release- Groundbreaking MOU signed

A great start; now to get everyone else on board.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Bravo to the leaders of these organizations for coming together to fight for a single cause.

This MOU is the start of a new era for fish, wildlife, and habitat conservation in this province.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 05-08-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

This is very good news, great work guys.....so we're also going to be working hard to create healthy wildlife populations for not only ourselves, but for First Nations as well..so attention First Nations, where are you in this fight? Are you going to start to do your part for conservation??

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    This is very good news, great work guys.....so we're also going to be working hard to create healthy wildlife populations for not only ourselves, but for First Nations as well..so attention First Nations, where are you in this fight? Are you going to start to do your part for conservation??
    Wildlife Stewardship Council signed the MOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

This could very well be the turning point for wildlife in this province. Good work to the parties involved. A combined unified force with a common goal. Toolips, as FD has indicated, John Henderson is the leader of the Wildlife Stewardship Council (google it) and we heard from him at the convention as well. Although it won't be even to the standards a lot of people on this website want, the first nations want more wildlife and realize something needs to be done. We all need each other to be most effective. I learned a lot this past weekend and have a huge appreciation for the time and effort a lot of people from the federation put towards fish and wildlife. A lot of the effort takes years and is thankless. There was not a single one of these people in the room that did not stand up and recognize the significance of this coming together of people with a common goal. There will be set backs, but let's make this happen!
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

^^^very good, I hope FN can work with us, instead of undoing all the good that we work hard to create...

I'm a little surprised with the lack of response to this news. It has the potential to be huge. I am hoping for the best and congratulate all parties on getting to this point. I look forward to what the future holds.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

This is something that has truly been needed all user groups working towards benefiting wildlife is huge

i hope this is a starting point for more possitive interaction between these groups

Let's pretend for a minute that I'm just a simple electrician... Can anyone explain to me what this group will be doing or able to do in order to protect or increase wildlife populations? My simple brain interprets this to basically mean everyone agrees that we want more wildlife but we already agreed on that. It's great that these different groups agree on something but I don't see the benefit.