Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Provincial Election and Hunting Regulations

Re: Provincial Election and Hunting Regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    I will NOT be voting for the anti-hunting party...
    X2...... remember back in 2001

Quote Originally Posted by LachlanStevs View Post
    Firstly I will not be voting tomorrow (currently 17) however, I am curious as to what political you guys will be voting for, and for the purpose of this forum what are the actual changes each party would have on hunting regulations? I know the NDP wants to ban the Grizzly hunt, are there any other important topics that these parties have talked about and what are your opinions on them?
    I am simply trying to expand my knowledge of our political parties and I am curious as to what everyone thinks that will happen
    i for one would like to take this opportunity to say one of the most important things in this forum imo which is thank you to LachlanStevs at the age of 17 for getting ready to vote and gathering what information he can to make the right choice. It is a huge deal that we get more people your age to care about the election. Also everyone needs to vote and the fact that you're getting ready early means a lot. Good on you bud. SS

PS go liberals

Ndp will take your hunting rights away, the liberals will sell your hunting rights to the highest bidder.

The NDP'S record here in BC is very poor and seem to have a "father knows best"attitude when in power.I have seen quite a few NDP governments and they are always poorly run. This one will be no different if elected. Also , I see urban/city folks support the NDP and country people usually vote otherwise. Different priorities- different objectives,imo. Glad you are interested at 17!

Firstly for the OP - good for you for taking an interest in politics and voting!

Onto your question... Tough situation as we really only have Libs or NDP in the running (and its going to be close)! I would normally vote conservative, but given there isnt even a conservative option in my riding, and wanting to vote in a way that BLOCKS NDP, I voted Liberal.

NDP is the worst option for hunters, but hunting isnt the priority platform issue for me. I am more concerned about things like: healthcare, education, moral and ethical leadership, and economic development (but not at the detriment of environmental and social destruction).

For these reasons, I weigh up the good and the bad and lean towards the Liberals for the provincial election.

P.S. You are doing the right thing - getting informed and learning about the system and the issues that matter to you. Good for you! Talk to your friends about this, and make sure they are educated as well.
    Last edited by ajr5406; 05-09-2017 at 08:03 AM.

The Liberals not affecting our Hunting Rights , As you Kidding where have you been ?? , Two years ago the Clark GOVT re wrote the book on the LEH allotments taking Hunting oppurtunities out of the Hands of BC residents and gave them to the GOABC and their big money supporter Safari Club International , Go onto the GOABC website and you will see our Premier holding a Check for $10.000 presented to her from GOABC for the extra tags , thanks Christy , and the next time the guides come looking for more tags she will give them more. Folks sure have short memories when it come to Govt, wrong doings , Lets not mention the HST !! lest we forget.

Quote Originally Posted by JLsteel View Post
    I am voting liberals and hoping the greens are the opposition party. There is zero focus on funding wildlife by any party and for obvious reason with all the issues people care about but I don't see the liberals negatively affecting hunting rights. I think we need to move to a direct funding model like the Americans, assuming hunters and other wildlife users can generate more than the $34 million that is currently funded out of the provincial budget.

It's a tough decision this time for sure.
    Liberals gave away our tags to GOABC.
    And they haven't done anything to rehabilitate the wildlife habitat.
    Then, with the NDP, we run the risk of losing Gbear hunting, even if it is needed for pred control.
    And they like to work with the FN too much for my liking....it should be...everyone.
    This place is getting too small to have "special interest groups" getting the support.
    The Greens...well...carbon tax for what????
    Heck, just get the fuel cell technology up and going, and we wont need to worry about carbon...plus, methane is the
    biggest problem anyways...
    It's all F'd up....no one out there with just good old common sense anymore....
    Wish it was just run by "independents at this point....no towing the party line bs.
    Either I will sit this one out...or "spoil" the ballot.....depends how busy I am today.

Voted Liberal tonight. IMO lesser of 2 evils. I'll take reduced hunting numbers to risking no hunting on a species that can currently be hunted. Every time!
    If you haven't voted yet, please do!

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    i for one would like to take this opportunity to say one of the most important things in this forum imo which is thank you to LachlanStevs at the age of 17 for getting ready to vote and gathering what information he can to make the right choice. It is a huge deal that we get more people your age to care about the election. Also everyone needs to vote and the fact that you're getting ready early means a lot. Good on you bud. SS

PS go liberals
    Like button
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I voted for the Conservative candidate in my riding, just hoping for some more seats. I my opinion we are gonna get screwed either way with the leadership of all party's in this province.