Thread: compass parts

compass parts

I am trying to find a place that would sell parts for my old compass (silva ranger)....the last time I got parts for a compass I damaged, it was from Neville Crosby industries in the mid 90's....Universal Field Supplies bought them out eventually and I don't see parts available on their site..nor does a "silva ranger" search find anything...I love my old compasses but my really old one is no good due to some flecks of paint (with some magnetic metal still attached) inside throwing off the needle...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: compass parts

Try contacting silva directly and see if they will warranty it. They replaced a Silva Ranger for me that was probably two decades older than I was. Silva has a lifetime warranty might as well use it.
    The only bad day in the bush is the one where you're mauled by a bear and left for dead by your friends, where you must embark on a six week crawl fuelled by revenge.

Rather Be Bushcrafting http://ratherbebushcrafting.blogspot.ca

I have an old one from my father that has a couple of bubbles in it. Never even thought about sending it to Silva. Thanks for that!

excellent ...i will do the same...one of the 2 i have is so old it has the aluminum ring with degree marks on it instead of plastic...the "newer" one i still use with plastic is about 35 years old...heheh