Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sitka raingear

sitka raingear

looking to get a pair of sitka cloudburst pants. none in pg to try on for sizing. I'm 6ft 200 lbs. wearing over a pair of 90% pant or jeans say, from anyone with experience, size large or extra large? thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: sitka raingear

someone must have downpour or stormfront, same question, I'm 6ft 200 lbs, large or xlg in your opinion

You're probably better off with a XL
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

XL for sure. I have downpour pants and jacket

Also had a few pm's which suggested xl. Thanks for your input.

I would definitely say xl! I have a set in that size and I'm 6' 210 lbs, I also wear the cloudburst jacket in XL as well. Good system all around
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

Tarcher- I am pretty much same height\weight as you. I have the sitka dewpoint jacket and pants which are very very similar to the cloudburst. I wear size large (bought them for a killer deal in cabelas bargain cave a couple years back so i wasnt super concerned with size). They fit alright, pretty fitted but not much room left. they work fine for me me but i dont think you could go wrong by going up to xl

most of there stuff fits a size small !
    "A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be"

Fred Bear

Sitka raingear is garbage for the $$

do do yourself a favour and goto Armosphere and buy a pair or Arc Teryx raingear. If you really think you need camp while in the rain then proceed with Sitka...

I wouldn't say Sitka Gear is garbage but if you are looking for IMHO the best light rain gear then yes I agree go Arc'teryx. Whether it's my work in the winter as an avalanche professional, fall guiding, or riding my harley in a downpour for hours, Arc'teryx has always and continues to keep me dry. For hunting, I just wear it over top my Sitka camo when the skies open. We are the same size I suggest going XL too.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience