Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bear 2017 Video

Re: Spring Bear 2017 Video

Jamieson area out of Kamloops??

Great share. Nice looking Boar, especially like the blaze white on chest. 2 thumbs up on being patient and hunting ethically, good representation of hunters.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Thanks everyone! The 3 of us are pretty proud of this bear. Going to drop the money to get the hide tanned, something I've never done before. He is a region 3 bear, and nope not Jamieson creek. North of Kamloops.

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Great share. Nice looking Boar, especially like the blaze white on chest. 2 thumbs up on being patient and hunting ethically, good representation of hunters.
    Thanks Blainer. I wanted to take my time and make sure I was killing a bear I'd be happy with. Still very early in my hunting career but you learn pretty quick that patience is key!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I'd say there were a few things learned with this hunt. Patience, Confidence, and the taste of success when you combine the both of them. That is a fine Boar, and and it appears that we will be watching other fine videos from you and your hunting buddies in the future! Nicely done, congratulations, and thank you for posting on HBC! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Congrats on a nice boar and thanks for sharing the video. Good work.

Nice to see a video with honesty and real reaction, Nice boar

Must say... you were really calm and cool taking your shot. Don't think I have ever seen anyone as young as you not get the shakes and stammered speech. Thanks for posting this - very nicely done. And good on you guys for bring the young brother out for the hunt as well. Nice to see young people out there having a great time.

Hmmm nice bear. .tremendous markings on the throat..white Blaze. .and yellow muzzle..
    Lol you sure need to be close to be sure he was a boar..lol like handling his junk close..lol
    All in all a great black bear..
    One comment if I may ?
    Once you shot..give the bear some time..some more time to get dead..to ensure he was truly deceased..a second shot may have been advisable so he didn't move into the thick stuff..
    You did good leaving him till morning..hence the CVA" look..lol
    As a teaching opportunity. .note the time of day..last moments of legal shooting. .BIG bear time..and the sparse Ness of green..they need to work at filling up..=more time feeding = more time to hunt big bears.
    Congrads you did well, thank you for sharing and showing us hunting is emotional.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Great bear. Congratulations.