Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bear 2017 Video

Re: Spring Bear 2017 Video

Way to go that's a beauty!
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Great bear... and...

Nice hair.. you put gel in it before you go hunting?
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Wicked man good shot too guessing you hit the heart? Anyways cool vid and good idea with the brew. I always keep a beer on the quad just in case you need to celebrate.

great bear! sometimes being picky really pays off!

Great bear! Did you get the weight of that beast?

Congrats on a fine boar!!

Good call on the tanning only. You're young and when you finally get that huge bruin....just the right color, fur quality, size and character then get something done with it. Rugs take up a lot of space and cost a pretty penny.

I'm still waiting for the 'right' one.

Another entertaining contribution to HBC!!

Thanks for sharing!
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Nice one !!!! ... next time your out ,pick up a fawn bleat call... and give that a go on the next one you spot.

Nice bear. Where did the shot placement end up being.?

Good job, good bear... shitty beer!

~shot from the buck~

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    I'd say there were a few things learned with this hunt. Patience, Confidence, and the taste of success when you combine the both of them. That is a fine Boar, and and it appears that we will be watching other fine videos from you and your hunting buddies in the future! Nicely done, congratulations, and thank you for posting on HBC! Moosin
    Thanks Moosin, appreciate it! We'll be trying to film all of our hunts from now on after seeing the final product and memories made with this one. An outfitter took me on this year to teach me a thing or 2 about guiding, so I have hardly any time this year to hunt for myself, but you very well may see 1 more spring bear vid as well as a late season mule deer hunt..we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager
    Must say... you were really calm and cool taking your shot. Don't think I have ever seen anyone as young as you not get the shakes and stammered speech. Thanks for posting this - very nicely done. And good on you guys for bring the young brother out for the hunt as well. Nice to see young people out there having a great time.
    Thanks ej! I really like to take my time and check out my prey with binos before pulling the trigger if I have time. Helps calm the nerves and gives me time to check em out and make sure it's an animal I'll be happy with taking. The possibility of cubs hiding in the ditch gives a bit more motivation to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp
    Hmmm nice bear. .tremendous markings on the throat..white Blaze. .and yellow muzzle..
    Lol you sure need to be close to be sure he was a boar..lol like handling his junk close..lol
    All in all a great black bear..
    One comment if I may ?
    Once you shot..give the bear some time..some more time to get dead..to ensure he was truly deceased..a second shot may have been advisable so he didn't move into the thick stuff..
    You did good leaving him till morning..hence the CVA" look..lol
    As a teaching opportunity. .note the time of day..last moments of legal shooting. .BIG bear time..and the sparse Ness of green..they need to work at filling up..=more time feeding = more time to hunt big bears.
    Congrads you did well, thank you for sharing and showing us hunting is emotional.
    Cheers
    Srupp

LOL. haven't taken a bear in a few years, and never used to care whether it was a boar or not. determining gender for bears is pretty new to me. I was 90% sure looking through the binos the night before that it was a boar..still had to check to make sure though haha. I agree with you when you say we should've gave him more time to die. In the heat of the moment with light fading we just figured it was a good idea to get up there and see if we could poke him again..luckily we didn't push him any further..thanks for the input srupp, always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights
    Wicked man good shot too guessing you hit the heart? Anyways cool vid and good idea with the brew. I always keep a beer on the quad just in case you need to celebrate.

Thanks man. There was a pinhole entry behind the shoulder, and no exit..heart and lungs looked fine..no idea where the bullet went or what it hit that was fatal. Placement looks perfect on the hide/ribs. Gotta have that can in the pack. nothing beats having a cold one and soaking up the moment when you find em.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve
    Congrats on a fine boar!!

Good call on the tanning only. You're young and when you finally get that huge bruin....just the right color, fur quality, size and character then get something done with it. Rugs take up a lot of space and cost a pretty penny.

I'm still waiting for the 'right' one.

Another entertaining contribution to HBC!!

Thanks for sharing

Thanks SSS! With the prices to get a rug done these days it would have to be a true once in a lifetime bear for me as well! Getting the hide tanned will be good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc
    Nice one !!!! ... next time your out ,pick up a fawn bleat call... and give that a go on the next one you spot.

I've got one, I tried it on 2 young bears this spring...they both looked over their shoulder at me...and slowly walked away into the thick stuff haha!