Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinion on Long Range Setup

Re: Opinion on Long Range Setup

If you're asking this question, I would get a 6.5 Creedmoor and shoot, shoot, shoot.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I had a 300 Rum built off a sendereo platform, has a 28' krieger barrel and and is wearing a 8x32 Nightforce. I have no problem pushing 190 berger vlds around 3200fps and hitting targets out 1km, haven't tried further and now that I moved from Alberta to BC I'm having a hard time finding long ranges to shoot period. But all said and done it cost quite a bit less then 10k. Not a light gun either.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by selvir View Post
    Nightforce is good scope...had Leupolds all my life now looking for than new Sawrovski get my self some nice set up and get rid of rest
    Thanks for imput
    That Swarovski dS 5-25x52 is a pretty cool scope, certainly would be neat to give one a go, a little over 1kg for weight, curious about the price in Canada......?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Prove me wrong. You didn't take the bait the first time but I'm really curious what you come up with. You can but a CT edge with swaro for a lot less than 10k too I should add.
    Well I have a Titanium R.E.M. 700 7mm at home I paid $2400.00cdn add a barrel and your at $3000.00 + labour, but of course that scope he wants will probably be 10 grand itself in Canada !

Quote Originally Posted by selvir View Post
    Anyone has nay other suggestion in other brands / calibers for 1000 yards ?? I think i am pretty much set on that scope.
    I just had a 6.5-284 Norma built on a HVA action with a 26" barrel, I was wanting to put a Leupold VX6 3-18x44 Scope on it, so hopefully I can shoot out a little further !

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    That Swarovski dS 5-25x52 is a pretty cool scope, certainly would be neat to give one a go, a little over 1kg for weight, curious about the price in Canada......?

The scope is $3800 Euros in Europe... around $5850in exchange but who knows when it gets here what is the price...
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...

Iam right with you, Fierce seems like way to go
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I just had a 6.5-284 Norma built on a HVA action with a 26" barrel, I was wanting to put a Leupold VX6 3-18x44 Scope on it, so hopefully I can shoot out a little further !
    Thats is nice set up

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Sako Av in 7 Stw.... buddy loves it.... old school but it sure smokes them whitetail.
    Yeah, the 7mm STW is a very flat shooting round, with the right bullet it will hit the target waaaaay out.
    I have the equivalent in 300 cal. both use the 8mm Rem Mag. case.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Hey Selvir, I just received an email from Fierce Rifles as they're having a sale on CT Edge rifles, looks like some very good prices.