Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Long Range Setup

Opinion on Long Range Setup

Swaroski dS smart Rifle Scope 5-25-52 and Fierce Arms 7mm Carbon Edge Titanium (around 10k)
    Looking to get this set up for long range...any opinions, suggestions, comments ??
    Last edited by selvir; 05-05-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...

2. Site Sponsor

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Opinion on Long Range Setup

Nice rifles and scopes but it isn't worth 10 grand imho, buy the scope and parts for the rifle and have the rifle built by a reputable Gunsmith and save a few grand, but if money's no object fly at her !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Is this for hunting? I'm always confused when I see someone putting a heavy scope on a lighter rifle....

save your money and learn how to stock in on animals! Much more rewarding/enjoyable and most importantly ethical!

This long range game is bogus in my opinion.......just going to lead to more wounded or lost animals on the mountain.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

All he asked was about a long range set-up, why do the ethics police show up, maybe he wants to punch paper out to 1200 yards.......

I just had a rifle built so I can shoot out to 1000 yards !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

friend of mine owns a Fierce 300wm. He went south to do the gunwerks course. Said they were big fans of the 6.5 creedmoor...7mm as well.
    Was making decent groups out to 1200 yds. said it was surprisingly easy to hit 1200 yds. Was using a suppressor which he thought was incredible for recoil and obviously sound. In regards to scope, he had swaroski but after the course he is a big believer in the Nightforce. Likely selling the swaroski to buy a nightforce.

if he has any more input I'll let you know.

so if he was going to start from scratch and if LR was his focus, he get the 6.5 creedmoor with the digital scope that is likely coming out this fall. IF you didn't want digital, he get nightforce f1 5x25x52.

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    All he asked was about a long range set-up, why do the ethics police show up, maybe he wants to punch paper out to 1200 yards.......

I just had a rifle built so I can shoot out to 1000 yards !
    Fair enough but it is posted under the hunting gear thread not a rifle range thread so I'd assume this is a hunting rig not just for paper.

I have a fierce in 300 rum. I also run a swaro on it. I have no problems out to 1100 yards right now. Would I shoot something at that distance? NO, but I wouldn't hesitate at 800 yards. It's all about practice and how confident you are.
    My creedmoor shows up on Monday and it's going to wear a nightforce.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Anyone has nay other suggestion in other brands / calibers for 1000 yards ?? I think i am pretty much set on that scope.
    Last edited by selvir; 05-05-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...