Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skipping a year for LEH application

Skipping a year for LEH application

Maybe this should be in the LEH questions forum, but the options there seem to be just replies to existing threads. Anyway, got a moose draw last year and this year most of our group is bailing for one reason or another. Will likely head to Region 3 or 5 for deer where moose are not abundant. Will probably apply anyway, even with reduced odds, but I'm wondering if one did skip a year, what are the implications? I assume that if I don't apply, this year will not count towards my three years of reduced odds, before I get back to normal odds?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Skipping a year for LEH application

That is an interesting question. I've always just assumed it is three years regardless of application status. I believe in Alberta, where they have priority draws, your odds only change if you apply every year. Regardless, if you want to hunt moose then why not apply anyways? I've 'won' leh moose draw back to back in an area where my buddies with no reduced odds did not get drawn for the same area/same year. It's reduced odds, not impossible. Happy hunting!

If you got drawn for moose last year, then you are on reduced odds for the next 3 years. It doesn't matter whether or not you apply for moose again during that time frame, the clock is still ticking for 3 years of reduced odds. Good luck if you do put in tho'.....Pacemaker

$6 wouldn't influence my decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    If you got drawn for moose last year, then you are on reduced odds for the next 3 years. It doesn't matter whether or not you apply for moose again during that time frame, the clock is still ticking for 3 years of reduced odds. Good luck if you do put in tho'.....Pacemaker
    Thats your answer. I have had hunting partners still got drawn even on reduced odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    $6 wouldn't influence my decision.
    Same. Wait... I mean, no EVERYBODY should skip LEH this year, maybe boycott it! Leave it all to me, lol.

If it can happen the the devils, surely its worth the $6
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    Thats your answer. I have had hunting partners still got drawn even on reduced odds.
    Now that's what I call a lottery win.....

I've been holding off applying for Rosie elk for quite a few years......building priority points!!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailsheds View Post
    I've been holding off applying for Rosie elk for quite a few years......building priority points!!
    Excellent, keep holding off.It is a complete waste of time and 6 bucks. lol