Thread: Nest box check#5

Nest box check#5

Our trail cams catch some interesting things like multiple hens and drakes hanging out on the boxes to night shots of a Barn Owl trying to get a look inside! Had a similar picture last year, no harm done then either! The Merganzer was out so we got a picture of her eggs, looks like a few Woody eggs mixed in!

Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nest box check#5

Damned cool Dano

Does the hazel nut trees in the valley being removed, have any effect on wood ducks?

I imagine it does. I remember taking the Albion ferry and driving up past the nut trees and seeing Wooys landing by the trees. Haven't been there in years so don't know if there are still nut trees around.
    We have some good pockets around Pitt Meadows and I know there's good areas in Mission and Langley.
    There were a lot on Douglas Island back in the 70's, my dad had lots of boxes out there and we only checked it a couple times a year but always great results!
    I would like to get a permit to run a boat up the lower Coquitlam and also Alouette River. Good areas and we would also get Hooded Mergs and probably Buffleheads too in these locations.

Super cool