Thread: 6-29 Tatshenshini/Alsek Goat Info

6-29 Tatshenshini/Alsek Goat Info

Hey Guys,

A buddy from work drew a dall tag in 6-29 (Tatshenshini/Alsek) and me being a Yukon resident, and only living 3 hours away, told him I'd head in with him to help him out. Being the awesome dude that he is, he applied for a permit to accompany for me to hunt goats, which was approved last week.

I've been in there a few times hiking and rafting in the past, but if any of you guys are willing to share any info on sheep and goats, it would be greatly appreciated. We'd love to share some stories on here with you guys in 3 to 4 weeks time.

Thanks again

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-29 Tatshenshini/Alsek Goat Info

I seen a lot of goats in there. No legal rams though. Spot goats off the highway and day hunt then once you get a sheep.

Just got back from the Tat last week. No sheep for me but I did take a nice Billy. PM me.

get back into shiny lake, look south and high (aprox 6300 ft )towards the tat, and spot your billy, head towards the parton and look for your sheep, look at the bowls from all angles might look at a bowl from 1 angle and not see em, same bowl from different angle and they appear, good luck, beautiful country, bigggggg moose back there, and big grizz and wolves. great experience, shiny is full of trout,