Thread: LEH Application

Angry LEH Application

Came across an odd one tonight..

Tried to get my neighbor signed up in our LEH group, he's a new hunter, went into FrontCounterBC got his FWID and C.O.R.E credentials added to his profile.

created him a new basic bceid to add him online, and the system would not let him apply for any LEH. Looking through the synopsis it says the following:
    "A hunter may not apply for or be issued an LEH authorization if the hunter’s hunting license, or their resident or hunting credentials have been suspended, cancelled, or expired, or if the hunter has unpaid fines under the Wildlife Act or the Firearm Act."

He didn't purchase a hunting license yet, I thought you could apply and then if successful go get your license and tags etc. Are they really going to force you to buy a license to then buy a "chance" at a draw? It's not a huge issue as he's coming hunting with us for deer season, but is that their way of guaranteeing extra revenue from all us hunters? it basically forces every hunter to renew before they can apply as well.

Looking forward to the comments!

Gary.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Application

I applied for my LEH without a current Hunting license, so there's no conspiracy by the gov.
    Sounds like something wrong with buddy's FWID or something like that, other posters will probably know.

May just take a day or two for it to get updated in system. The part you quoted is related to infractions. If doesn't work in day or two call them or go back in.
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I think you're right, it won't even let him buy a hunting license. Says you must have a valid FWID. Which he does and it shows the number in his profile!

Oh well, I sent him off to the FrontCounterBC office for tomorrow. Seems odd though that they put that "expired" clause in there though even if it's not seemingly enforced.

Probably takes 24 hours for the changes to be updated in the databases.

Yeah. Give it a day for all the databases to get updated and then try again. If there was a problem (ie, unpaid fines, suspended license) I'm sure they would of told him when he got his FWID. If it doesn't work by Wednesday, I would go back to Service BC though.

You don't need to buy a hunting license to buy LEH. But it won't let you buy tags until you have a hunting license.

LEH was pretty smooth for me this year. Much easier now that one person can put in for the whole group. I purchased a license as well on the weekend. Will see how long it takes to show up.
    Last edited by DartNorth; 05-01-2017 at 11:05 PM.