Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunting Boots

Re: Hunting Boots

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    My thoughts are I got a good 12 years out of them boots they owe me nothing I will use these boots when its dry out and I will be getting a new pair of boots that are a decent quality boot some good advice on what kind of boots to buy feet are important to keep comfortable,,what's 3 or 400.00 to pay for something that will give a person comfort over years to come..
    That's the best way to look at it Wayne. And once your over 4 bills, don't balk at 30 or 50 extra clams for a boot your feet truly love. So many other less critical places to save money in life.

I have had drake boots ( look here http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-a...hunting-boots/ )since they came out. Overall a good boot, not super warm, since there is no real insulation. The insides of the ankle are on the side, but I have a lot of aquasalias. They are worth it, but they are expensive price tag.

Some videos from Youtube,may be it helps to someone in the future

Good Luck!

Last edited by Elisom; 01-30-2019 at 02:00 AM.

My preference is Danner because they have narrow widths in certain models.
    Meindels make one boot and then attempt to control width with different insert insoles.
    There is a Red Wings store across from Cabela's in Abbotsford and they have the Irish Setter Elk Hunters. I have a pair with 600 gas of Thinsulate and they also come in narrow.

I purchased a pair of hanwag Alaska gtx wide boots before Christmas from their website in Canada with free shipping for half price so far loving them

Old post, but my two cents, Meindl, from cabellas are garbage, far less then half the quality of the Canada pros, that said I get one year out of the pros, about 250 abused days, used to try to resole and decided not worth it, stitching gives out and support gone, and try to find a good cobbler these days, still keep buying them, I'm on my 7or 8th pair as they are so comfortable.