Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Boots

Re: Hunting Boots

I've put countless miles on my Kenetrek's without issue. So far they've been the most comfortable I've tried yet. I also have a couple pair of custom insoles built to my feet which are pricey too, but well worth it ($440.00/pair)
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Cabelas Canada Mendel Perfekt on line price is $274.97 right now. In store they are around $400 . Looks like a good deal !

I use Meindl Island Pros. I've got a couple pairs. Super comfortable a durable. They will last you years.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Another option is eBay. I've bought quite a few pair of good used boots on there for around 100 bucks
    I've pretty well worn the best of all the boots and worn out lots
    if you know your size which I'm sure you do it's another option. I always size up and put in my foot beds
    last 10 years I've been buying boots big enough to double my beds in. Then I take one out if I'm adding extra socks
    Lots of good used boots out there. Not many guys ever really wear a boot out from hunting

I have a pair of cabela's outfitter boots. $215-230 depending on insulated or not. I have a wide foot and these come in wide sizes. VERY comfortable

Wayne post the pic of your arsenal of worn out velcro hunting sneakers - love that one!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The black circle there is a hole in the leather about the size of a pencil head I don't know if this can be fixed from a shoe repair man ?? thoughts are welcomed..

Other then this small hole the boots are still in fairly good shape after 12 years of use the make of the boot is diotto I payed 420.00 for these boots 12 years ago at
    island outfitters in Victoria on Douglas street..

.................................................. ............................
    Last edited by hunter1947; 05-08-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

SHOEGOO, try it, nothing to lose.
    Fill the hole and layer it up, smear it every where.
    I use it on bucking pants, boots, hard hat, wet suit, etc.....

My thoughts are I got a good 12 years out of them boots they owe me nothing I will use these boots when its dry out and I will be getting a new pair of boots that are a decent quality boot some good advice on what kind of boots to buy feet are important to keep comfortable,,what's 3 or 400.00 to pay for something that will give a person comfort over years to come..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 05-09-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Depending on your foot width, Meindl or Hanwag. And while you're at it, grab a pair of Sole footbeds to replace the stock garbage all boots come with; It'll be the best $40 you'll ever spend, trust me.

As far as Irish Setter "Elk Trackers" go, they're not what they used to be for quality, and even at their best, they're not even close to a top shelf hiker for support or fit.