Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Boots

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Re: Hunting Boots

Last time I was in Viberg's store they still had a rugged hiking boot with Sympatex (sorta Gor-tex) 200g thinsulate.
    Any who, they were selling them out the door all in for $140.
    I picked up a pair back in Oct 2014, still going strong.
    These boots are not heavy like their work boots can be.
    Between two pairs of Danners and these Vibergs, I'm good to go for a while.
    Good luck with boot shopping Wayne.

I have danners and they are the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned. I did put different insoles in them but I just love them.

Mountain man in Cranbrook has a good selection of boots on the wall. Try on every pair to your highest price point. If you don't find something you like, drive to a store with lots of selection and start again. Asolos work for me but don't get hung up on brand and limit yourself by choosing only hunting specific brands. Everything is secondary to fit.

Check out the cabela's meindl perfekt. Im on my second pair and find them amazing. Good support and very comfortable. The also stand up to what ever I though at them.

Just out of curiosity Wayne, if money wasn't an issue what boots would you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Just out of curiosity Wayne, if money wasn't an issue what boots would you get?
    Ron and everyone else my first choice was to reunite with diotto boots when you have had good wear on a boot for 12 years a person wants to stick with the boot you put trough hard outings over the years sounds like I won't be finding a new set of Diotto boots ???..

So I have been looking at these three boots,,Danali from cabela's,,Perfekt-Tm by Meindl at cabela's,,Danner hunting boots,,the Rocky boots..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 05-02-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I got Irish Setter Elk Trackers 8" model and love them.

My experience with Rockys was they also fell apart. I also had a pair of elk trackers, found them heavy, and wet. I greased the hell out of them and they never got waterproof. I haven't heard anyone else speak poorly if them though, so maybe I got a 330 Friday pair.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

bought a pair of meindl boots last fall and put many miles on in mud, snow and rock - they were most comfortable boot Ive had right out of box and even better broken in. At -10 and deep snow they were somehow better than my winter boots.

I have the Meindl Alaskan Hunters - pretty serious boot, but very comfortable and worth the money in my opinion