Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's allowed in your household?

Re: What's allowed in your household?

everywhere but the bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    she's not allowed in our room during the day.
    Not going to lie...I expected something different as I read "she's not allowed in our room during..."

My poodle can go anywhere.
    Typically when I'm around he only gets on the sofa when I invite him.
    When I'm away he is always on the sofa.
    He has his own armchair.
    He never damaged anything, chewed anything.
    I spent time training him what he is allowed and not allowed to do.
    Poodles just get it.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Despite his size and high energy levels, our lab hasn't damaged anything, knock on wood,
    during the 4+ years we've had him, including never chewing on anything but his toys.
    We've left him alone for quite awhile in both our house and rv trailer without any problems
    what-so-ever. On a few occasions I'm sure he almost burst his bladder holding it until we
    let him out because we were held up getting back to him.

Poochie is allowed in the house.NO FURNITURE/NO CARPET/NO BEDROOM.He is allowed on his bed in the kitchen an big room which is tile.He knows his place and obeys the rules.Good doggy!

She is allowed in every room, couches have blankets over them as the kids are messy
    shes a small lab, not greasy and only sheds for a few weeks twice a year. She's polite, calm and well mannered, spending more time together can strengthen the bond, as long as the dog is always respectful of your rules and expectations.

My pitbull Trigger is allowed anywhere he wants in the house. He wont go in the bathroom, since thats where the water is, and you drown in water...unless I'm really sore and having a hot bath, then he sits beside the tub looking concerned and occasionally whining.
    He's allowed on the bed if he's invited, same with the couch (on a blanket). We have never caught him inviting himself onto the bed or couch.
    Typically he sleeps on his bed on the floor beside my side of the bed.
    Cats...do whatever they want. Sleep with us, only place they're not allowed is kitchen counters, and they don't push that. The fluffy cat was a kitten in a crack shack with no heat, so she likes to cuddle under the covers occasionally. I allow it, she's a cool cat.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

My lab gets free run of the house, but not permitted on the furniture or bed. He has his own pillow in the living room, and we have a crib mattress beside my side of the bed that he sleeps on at night. They are such social dogs that he just wants to be around us.

For approximately the first two years he would be crated at night and when we left the house. When he had learned what was acceptable behaviour, and he could be trusted not to trash the place, he was then no longer crated.

Gotta say this worked, as he only chewed two items (that were not this toys) when he was a pup.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

Like Angus's dog, Trig was crated for the first couple years. He's eaten one flip flop, and one antique family heirloom made by great great grandma doll. He got a smack from my wife for that one. Three generations of kids in her family had cuddled that doll...
    I'm absolutely sure that the crate training helped with curbing the destructive tendencies.
    He also cleaned out a litter box. Once. Then he was very, very ill. Now, he won't even look at the litter box, not even if there's fresh kitty truffles in it.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    He also cleaned out a litter box. Once. Then he was very, very ill. Now, he won't even look at the litter box, not even if there's fresh kitty truffles in it.
    Yummy, cat snausages.