Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's allowed in your household?

Re: What's allowed in your household?

Whatever you allow him to do is up to you but be consistent, and above all else be his master. As long as the dog knows you are pack leader and knows his place it doesn't matter what you do or don't allow him to do.
    Good advice......they understand the hierarchy of the pack and respond well as long as rules are defined and consistent.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Our French bulldog does what he wants basically, our English bulldog sleeps in a crate in the bedroom and is aloud on a blanket on the end of the couch, since I'm working nights right now when the wife leaves she'll let the English in bed with me but since she's still a pup they get locked in the kitchen when I leave for work.

Dog, just like kids have an easier life these days! I was raised in a family where dogs lived outside. Foo Foo dogs were allowed in the house though. My full size dogs have always lived outside up until the last two. When we got our lab, the wife said its going to be an inside dog or she would rather we didn't get one! I caved and now our lab and Airedale have the run of the house, couch, bed n all! Our kids are grown and gone and I do lots of out of town work so I guess its nice for the wife to have the company and entertainment of the hounds.

Animals only come in to my house when they're dead. Anything that runs on hasoline or diesel stays outside or in the garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

The "inside" Dog is a big but totally affectionate Doberman. He can go anywhere in the House and he does so frequently on his own as he is part of the Security envelope. As gentle as he is, he is not allowed on any couch, Chair or whatever. When we sit down for Lunch or Dinner he automatically retires to his place and wont move of it until encouraged to do so.
    Early in the AM he is allowed on the end of the Bed but after about 10 minutes he goes back to his own Doggy Bed.
    The "outside" Dog a German Hunting Terrier, when here at my home he is kept in a well build Kennel with concrete flooring so he cant dig himself out. His home is a rather comfortable insulated Dog House and of course he is allowed in part of the fenced Backyard when I am working in the Shop.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

My dog comes in when its too cold outside, but only on her bed in the mud room. I will let guest dogs in the house, but not on any furniture, and not in the living area. My lab is way happier outdoors, in her insulated dog house. All my dogs I have had have been treated this way, and they are all obedient and listen well. moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

All our dogs were outside dogs, only came in to visit and were restricted to their mat or tile floor. They were all great hunting dogs. Now that we are down to 1 my wife spoils him and he sleeps inside now but still on the mat system and can go anywhere in the house but chooses the outdoors most of the time anyways. He is super obedient and although I don't duck hunt any more I bring him deer hunting all the time including bow hunting and he knows the game so well we sneak into range more often than not. Harvested many deer with him.

No shoe. No slipper. No any kind of footwear except socks.
    Absolutely no bitches. Sluts are welcome

English bulldog is allowed on the couch, naps in our bed with me, he has his own bed in the office. He is allowed to go where he wants unless we do not want him to go there.

Mine is allowed in the dining room and kitchen. He is not on the furniture because he isn't allowed in the living room and I don't sleep on his bed so he doesn't sleep on mine. He has a bed in his kennel and a bed outside his kennel, gets kenneled when no one is home and roams in his allowed areas plus outside in fenced yard when we are home.