Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL License Delay

Re: PAL License Delay

If your license hasn't expired then your not breaking the law. I'm doing my renewal on line today so I have it before September.

Roger that.....i have surgery on may 9 th so will be laid up for a week....gonna do it then that way I'm fully covered

sent mine feb 2 rec'd yesterday april 28.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

I was stupid. I was going to renew online but one thing led to another and it expired. Had to do the whole application process all over but it allowed me to upgrade to an RPAL. Mailed everything off February 27th. Phoned on the 17th, not yet received. Phoned on 24th, not received. Phoned on the 31st, not received. Checked online and it said received and completed initial processing. why the discrepancy? Looked close at the date and it was from 2006, my initial PAL application that I had had for 11 years. Phoned again on April 3rd and spoke with a very sympathetic, intelligent lady. She checked and indicated that it had actually just been received and processed. She checked that it was complete, which it was. Then gave me a file number and telephone number and extension and told me to have my reference call them to speed it along. Friday the 7th I checked the website and it said that my RPAL had been issued and should arrive within 2 weeks. I received it on April 18th, 7 weeks after sending it off. Be persistent. keep phoning and politely inquiring and they will get tired of you and process the application to get you out of their hair. Have your reference call rather than waiting for them to call your reference because that causes a huge delay playing telephone tag.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Grumpa Joe; 04-30-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Mine did expire. I forgot all about renewing it and it was expired

thanks...I did same...

Received my pal today. April 28 I applied online and it was approved May 8. Didn't have a pic so I used my cell phone and took a selfie.

Wink Re: PAL License Delay

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Received my pal today. April 28 I applied online and it was approved May 8. Didn't have a pic so I used my cell phone and took a selfie.
    Exact same as me. I applied April 28th, it was Approved may 8th, and I received it in the mail May 15th. 2 weeks is a pretty impressive turn around. My Pal expired May 5th, so I'm happy to have it for this upcoming weekend. I also cell phone selfie.

I am very surprised that people forget about their pal renewal .People must have way more on their minds than I do. I would say that hunting is most likely the most important thing in my life other than the obvious ie family ,friends etc..Forgetting to renew pal or forget doing Leh is just behooving to me. Perhaps I need help? or perhaps others just aren't as fanatic? I have a saying I love fishing but when I am fishing I am thinking about hunting.

can you apply to renew way in advance....my BD is in Dec after hunting season so it is easy to forget about it till spring....is there such thing as applying too early?

This thread reminds me of a couple of signs our stores guy used to have...one was " A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"
    and the othe one he pointed to once in awhile was "Well of course i want it today....if i wanted it tomorrow i would order it then"....
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 05-17-2017 at 05:23 PM.