Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL License Delay

Cool PAL License Delay

Getting kinda worried. My PAL has not arrived and I have a grizzly draw. My application arrived with them on Jan 30 and it is still in "process stage". Any suggestions who to call? If my PAL doesn't arrive I cannot hunt or even possess my guns.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PAL License Delay

Is it for a renewal? My renewal arrived 8 days after I applied online. Their website says that it should take 45 days after receiving your application which includes the 28 day waiting period for new applications. The number to call is 1-800-731-4000.

Last renewal I called them up after 2-3 months... was starting to get worried as my birthday coinsides with fall GOS opening. I mentioned this to the nice person on the phone who came back a couple mins later and said "approved! all done!! Will be in the mail in a couple days". Super nice and understanding.

Sometimes they get backlogged and it can depend what pile you're in. For example a couple years back, people were having trouble renewing if they had RPAL but did not possess any restricted firearms... they would get in a pile where someone calls and wants to talk you out of keeping the RPAL.

Oh and if you do have RPAL they want to see a range membership even though it's not legally required afaik. Without sending in proof of range membership can cause some delay.

Just give them a shout and let them know your situation. They'll get you all fixed up.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-27-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Got mine yesterday...4 months for a renewal. 2 phone calls to light afire under their ass
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

I had to renew mine last year. Did it online and less than 2 weeks later it showed up in the mail.
    I have RPAL as well. I was surprised how efficient the system was.
    D

I renewed mine online this morning, let see how long it takes.

I applied for my RPAL renewal the day before it expired (late June). I knew I needed a range membership but there was no place to include it etc so I never bothered getting one then. Got a letter about a month later saying I needed to show my range membership. I copied that letter and through it in with my license and tags in case I got stopped. I went up north for stones then hunting down here and every once in awhile I would remember that I needed to get my membership and send it off. And I would always forget. If I would have got stopped I would just show them the letter saying I am waiting for them.

Well November roles around and Im like shit I should really get my membership and send it in. Next thing I know its December and Im like "I really need to get this done". Then someone at work tells me if I get my membership now it will expire at the end of the calendar year. Wanting to actually use the membership to get out and shoot more, I hold off and wait til the new year.

So in early January I get my membership and fax them the info and copy of card. Two weeks later they send me a my RPAL.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

call them.

There could be an error that may have caused the delay. They are usually pretty helpful.

You could still hunt if you go with someone else who has a pal. Good luck hope you get one.

Question.....if mine expires in November but I do the renewal now....would I still be able to hunt solo with gun...cause my license wouldn't have expired yet?....kinda like an early jump so there's no down time from old to new