Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limited deer tag options now!!

Re: Limited deer tag options now!!

Figured it out...needed to pay for license first.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
    what province are you hunting in?
    You're allowed to buy 3 tags for mule deer and 3 tags for whitetailed deer, should you wish (Charlottes notwithstanding). You can only shoot 3 deer provincially (Charlottes notwithstanding), but you can possess 3MD and 3WT tags.

Reading the regs is a worthwhile exercise.

DEER LICENCES
    A person must not possess more than 15 of
    any current year deer licences. The combination
    of deer licences may include a maximum of 3
    mule deer and 3 white-tailed deer licences.

There are special deer licences (Queen
    Charlotte Islands Deer Licences) which allow
    hunters to exceed the 2 deer bag limit for the
    Skeena Region and the 3 deer provincial bag
    limit up to a maximum of 15 deer when hunting
    on the Queen Charlotte Islands. Up to 3 regular
    mule deer licences can be used on the Queen
    Charlottes, but they will count toward the
    regional and provincial bag limits. (For example,
    if a mule deer licence is used in MU 6-12 or
    6-13, a hunter will be prevented from pursuing
    deer elsewhere in the Skeena Region, and it will
    count towards the 3-deer provincial bag limit).
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

hes just keeping his options open right up until the final deer, and not wanting to go back and purchase more tags...not that complicated and texada does not have any special deer allotments other than "local tags" lol
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    hes just keeping his options open right up until the final deer, and not wanting to go back and purchase more tags...not that complicated and texada does not have any special deer allotments other than "local tags" lol
    Yup. And I don't mind paying for tags I don't cut, it's a small percentage of what I spend on hunting each year.

I bought an elk tag the first time I went up to the EK because it was GOS 6 point or better....I had only ever accompanied a buddy on an roosie elk hunt (BT hunting for me) once before ...I like to have a tag for everything that is open whether I intend on hunting it or not....ya just never know....sure enough I got my first and only 6x6 elk ..first trip there while WT hunting....it is the only time I have filled a different tag while hunting a different target species but all the tags I made soup with previously were worth it when I got the elk

Uh, Provincial bag limit for all deer is 3, not including Haida Gwai. It don't matter if you have a thousand licenses. 3 deer. Regulations page 17 under " deer bag limit explained".
    3 deer. Not 3 of each kind.
    It does pay to read the regulations...

Quote Originally Posted by Stillhunt View Post
    Uh, Provincial bag limit for all deer is 3, not including Haida Gwai. It don't matter if you have a thousand licenses. 3 deer. Regulations page 17 under " deer bag limit explained".
    3 deer. Not 3 of each kind.
    It does pay to read the regulations...
    Yes, but all 3 deer CAN be of of the same species. So if have bagged two MD already, but go hunting for a third deer of either species, then both tags are needed.

Personally, I buy one tag of each species, and once I bag a deer, I then go and buy a new tag to replace the one I just cancelled if I think I have a chance at filling another one.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Just don't want people thinking just because they have the license, they can still go hunt. Regional restrictions apply also. The next thing you know, you will have a group of friends wipe out a herd and then end up in jail...bad for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillhunt View Post
    Just don't want people thinking just because they have the license, they can still go hunt. Regional restrictions apply also. The next thing you know, you will have a group of friends wipe out a herd and then end up in jail...bad for everyone.
    Fair enough, but some of us just like to donate to conservation by being too lazy to go buy more tags later on! Personally, I'm a 2/2 buyer. Especially with the new system, I don't want to get a deer and still be out there for another couple of days and be wishing I could go into town to grab a tag somewhere or, worse yet, have to get one online and wait two weeks for it to get to me.

I don't anticipate taking more than two deer in a year, so I stop there.

I agree! I am all tagged up for the fall also. I just wanted to beat the rush in Aug/Sept. 1 mule 1 whitetail 1 black bear.