Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: phone charger for hike in hunt??

Re: phone charger for hike in hunt??

I picked up a Goal Zero solar panel at Costco a few years ago, it also includes a charger with 4 AA batteries that can double for as a USB battery pack. A few days or a few weeks makes little difference.
    I think it was around $120.

http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/79/Gu...nture-Kit/1:1/

If you keep your phone on airplane mode, and turn it off at night, it should last for days. I have used mine as a camera for over a week this way.

I've used a 50,000 mah power bank for quite a few years now. Paid about $18 bucks for it. Re-charges my Inreach se and Android for 2 week flyin trips with no problem, with Lots of juice left over. About the same size as my phone but just a little bit heavier. Smaller sizes available as well. Just search for 10,000mah or 20,000Mah etc.
    Take your pick:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cell-Phone-A...p2045573.m1684

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    If you keep your phone on airplane mode, and turn it off at night, it should last for days. I have used mine as a camera for over a week this way.
    I second this. Or keep the phone off at all times, turn it on for the pics, then shut off again. If your not out all the time, why spend the extra $$$ and add weight to your pack just to have a fully charged phone?? I would rather add weight to my pack by carrying a real camera that can take way better pics than a cell phone can, especially for a hike, and just leave the phone turned off and only turn on in case of emergency. (IF you just so happen to be somewhere you can get phone service)
    Last edited by Buckmeister; 04-26-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    I've used a 50,000 mah power bank for quite a few years now. Paid about $18 bucks for it. Re-charges my Inreach se and Android for 2 week flyin trips with no problem, with Lots of juice left over. About the same size as my phone but just a little bit heavier. Smaller sizes available as well. Just search for 10,000mah or 20,000Mah etc.
    Take your pick:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cell-Phone-A...p2045573.m1684

x2 on these. Amazing how well they work.

I have one of these units. I have a nasty habit of playing cribbage on my phone while sitting in my tree stand so I use it all the time. Pre-charge the unit before you go out and then let it sit in the sun as often as possible.

https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-12000mAh...+phone+charger
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

I Use a NekTeck solar charger/ power block 30,000mAh, I bought off Amazon, $30 ! works great on a 10 day sheep hunt I kept my head lamp fully charged, InReach, And cell phone which i pair up with my inreach so burns batt life a bit more. I want to look into the Goal Zero panels and charge block $120 from Best Buy

Dark energy chargers are the way to go

I have an a couple battery packs. They work great but never seem to be able to charge devices as many times as they state they can.

I would go solar as well, without the built in battery option. Will weigh less
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member