Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

Re: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

-- Too many variables that occur over a life span of an average mule deer to cover and protect with management and enforcement and with kid gloves.
    -- from b4 birth, it's herd, it's dna
    -- intermingling, one buck or doe from different herd breeds togedder ok copulation.
    -- weather
    -- topography
    -- new roads
    -- new logging
    -- new forest fires
    -- water
    -- edible foods
    -- access to deer herd
    -- hunting season
    -- road kill
    -- parasites
    -- sickness
    -- buck doe ratio wrong no felatio
    -- too many deer for habitat to sustain
    -- snow depth
    Jel -- we still try to learn and succeed with plans for sustainable conservation despite the tree men dess challenges.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-06-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    -- Too many variables that occur over a life span of an average mule deer to cover and protect with management and enforcement and with kid gloves.
    -- from b4 birth, it's herd, it's dna
    -- intermingling, one buck or doe from different herd breeds togedder ok copulation.
    -- weather
    -- topography
    -- new roads
    -- new logging
    -- new forest fires
    -- water
    -- edible foods
    -- access to deer herd
    -- hunting season
    -- road kill
    -- parasites
    -- sickness
    -- buck doe ratio wrong no felatio
    -- too many deer for habitat to sustain
    -- snow depth
    Jel -- we still try to learn and succeed with plans for sustainable conservation despite the tree men dess challenges.
    Jel you forgot a major factor, unlicensed hunting ( FN, poachers etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    I still strongly believe we should all have to report our hunting activities and harvests when we put in for our new tags-doing it online makes this easy...
    I don't see why it can't be reported within 10 days after harvest.

But let's be honest, if this were to happen it would take the guess work out of harvest data. Which I see as being a good thing but others may not. I'm interested to know how much money used to conduct this survey? From start to finish, coming up with questionnaire and sending out by post. I don't think it's useful information either. Waste of money. It's not science based. But ministry is great at making decisions not science based...

-- Status Indian, the Status Indian has rights and is entitled for sustenance across Canada.
    Status Indians are Indians under The Indian Act which is Federal Jurisdiction --
    -- Federal and Provincial and Bands work together to sustain a good working relationship
    -- .250, I see your idea about not known factor about how many exactly were killed.
    -- a poacher is (not obeying the Ministry and needs to be corrected) b4 going over board.
    Jel --
    I understand what your trying to say about hard to count numbers -- mule deer r strong --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-06-2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: MULE DEER RULE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    -- Status Indian, the Status Indian has rights and is entitled for sustenance across Canada.
    -- .250, I see your idea about not known factor about how many exactly were killed.
    -- a poacher is not obeying the Ministry and needs to be corrected b4 going over board.
    Jel --
    I understand what your trying to say about hard to count numbers -- mule deer r strong --
    They have a huge influence on the population in many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    I don't see why it can't be reported within 10 days after harvest.

But let's be honest, if this were to happen it would take the guess work out of harvest data. Which I see as being a good thing but others may not. I'm interested to know how much money used to conduct this survey? From start to finish, coming up with questionnaire and sending out by post. I don't think it's useful information either. Waste of money. It's not science based. But ministry is great at making decisions not science based...

We did a good test of the harvest survey data in region 8. Elk were on compulsory inspection for many years. Before removing them from CI the bios did a comparison of the CI data and the harvest survey data. Surprise, the CI and the survey data were statistically the same.

If Dr Val Geist says our survey data is great, then it's good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I don't think it's useful information either. Waste of money. It's not science based.
    Why, because it doesn't conform to your picture of science, or management?
    Survey results will paint a picture, to be called upon when needed in ways the managers can use, if and when they want, possibly to quell a disagreement among other uses. A tool in the box.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

It may weigh the reliability of hunter perceptions vs actual observable numbers. A benchmark of sorts. Frig bitch that they don't listen to hunters and bitch that they are trying....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Region 3: - Thompson-Nicola - Mule deer

-- easy access to hunting spots, thru out Region 3.
    -- mule deer are found all thru Region 3.
    -- North west of Kamloops off Tranquille road area, Savona, Red lake, Deadman Creek.
    -- super mule deer hunting country along with gorgeous scenery to boot.
    - Greenstone Mtn, and so much more to protect, manage, enforce and sustain over decades.
    Jelvis in dah Loops -- South central interior -- just minutes from the Lower Strangeland --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-06-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: MULE DEER REGION 3 -- Mules Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Why, because it doesn't conform to your picture of science, or management?
    Survey results will paint a picture, to be called upon when needed in ways the managers can use, if and when they want, possibly to quell a disagreement among other uses. A tool in the box.
    In my opinion, I don't think hunters sentiment is a form of science or management. I think solid harvest numbers are a form of science based management.