Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

Re: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

It's expensive to keep up, but I like seeing migrating routes for mules by Kammy to Lil Fort.
    Some come from Bonaparte Lake,
    1. Plant some devices on different herds and see where and why they go where they go and why they choose it. ie -- terrain and access, predator hang outs, pressures of life, food available etc etc
    2. manage each unit in reg 3 for mules with individual goal or two over a planned time.
    3. Carry on with Skull Mountain plan which the Ministry developed many moons ago
    Kamloops is noted for having thee top staff over many years for wildlife mangement. C.O.s r edumickated. Seriously these men and women are cool.
    Jelly in dah centre of dah mule deer habby tats. Seeing deer already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I would agree and disagree

it would increase in areas with closures but it would also increase pressure on areas with access having the opposite effect there.

one hunter management trick I have experienced with WT is leaving some MUs as archery only for the first 2 months of the season than rifle for the last month of the season. A portion of the surrounding MUs still opened early for rifle.

The Mus with the more restrictive season seemed to hold higher % of bucks and a great late season hunt. Also seemed some of the surplus bucks from these Mus spread into surounding MUs. I definitely noticed the best hunting in the MUs that had the early season were closer to the border of the MUs with the restrictive season.

Tons of options that can keep yearly hunter opurtunity and reasonable access

Road closures would not be a bad idea but still need to keep reasonible access to spread pressure

That has nothing to do with conservation or wildlife management.

What you're promoting is social management, and that's where we make all the wrong decisions on what's best for wildlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    That has nothing to do with conservation or wildlife management.

What you're promoting is social management, and that's where we make all the wrong decisions on what's best for wildlife.
    Agree nothing to do with population growth

This is merely managing hunt quality an opurtunity

Changes to managing bucks in BC has little to do with population

it is about what hunters want to see for hunting opurtunity nothing more

The Ministry has to be in control of BC's outdoors. All of it, skiing, fishing, hunting, camping spots etc and on and onnn

-- individual groups on the side can talk with the Ministry if they set up an appointment
    -- Ministry sends out stuff, fill it out and buy an envelope and stamp and send it off
    -- Ministry staff, bio's and c o's will be the ones who deal with wildlife and fish too and trapping
    -- Try to obey all rules and regs, if you make a mistake, own up to it, instead of hiding etc.
    -- Ministry should set up a donation address for people who want the money go to help reg 3 mule deer.
    -- Just some qwicky's
    Jel in dah Loopy Town

Changes to managing bucks in BC has little to do with population

it is about what hunters want to see for hunting opurtunity nothing more
    So it's about what hunters want? Well just in this thread alone we have a variety of wants for what hunters would like to see.

-Total LEH
    -Trophy management areas
    -Shortened any Buck season
    -No changes

What will they really gather from this? Are they sending the survey out to hunters that live out of the region? I harvested a good 4 point in region 3 this fall and never received a survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    So it's about what hunters want? Well just in this thread alone we have a variety of wants for what hunters would like to see.

-Total LEH
    -Trophy management areas
    -Shortened any Buck season
    -No changes

What will they really gather from this? Are they sending the survey out to hunters that live out of the region? I harvested a good 4 point in region 3 this fall and never received a survey.

No matter what is put forth season wise not all hunters will agree. I can only speak for what I would like to see and know many would not agree with my views

I don't see a need for change my self but only see change justified if the goal is to improve hunt quality

QUESTION 19, SCENERIO 3

that one bother's me.
    I really don't like any of that, and yet, I have to check one of those.
    That is the issue I have. and that I have not other choice.
    So then what...later they tell us that is what we

No matter what is put forth season wise not all hunters will agree. I can only speak for what I would like to see and know many would not agree with my views

I don't see a need for change my self but only see change justified if the goal is to improve hunt quality
    Define hunt quality. It's meaning is different to every hunter. How many hunters are out October 1st for any buck and shoot the first one they see. Just to fill the freezer. Lots of hunters out there will hold out for a big mature buck. I do that myself but if my freezer is low I'm not slow to pull the trigger.

I feel guys that are wanting trophy areas with LEH draws are just being... (I know I'll catch grief for this one!) Just Being lazy! Guys are out taking huge bucks every season, year after year, with the season as is. They didn't just stumble on these areas where they harvest these big mature deer. They put the boot leather on and set trail cameras out and invested many, many hours! And often pass up many respectable deer through the season. Guys that harvest big bucks. More often then not. Work their ass off for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Define hunt quality. It's meaning is different to every hunter. How many hunters are out October 1st for any buck and shoot the first one they see. Just to fill the freezer. Lots of hunters out there will hold out for a big mature buck. I do that myself but if my freezer is low I'm not slow to pull the trigger.

I feel guys that are wanting trophy areas with LEH draws are just being... (I know I'll catch grief for this one!) Just Being lazy! Guys are out taking huge bucks every season, year after year, with the season as is. They didn't just stumble on these areas where they harvest these big mature deer. They put the boot leather on and set trail cameras out and invested many, many hours! And often pass up many respectable deer through the season. Guys that harvest big bucks. More often then not. Work their ass off for them!

Not in support of LEH or point restrictions

myself I would like to see thing managed for higher buck ratio which in my opinion can benefit both styles of hunter

only true restriction I would like to see put in place in BC is a 1 mule deer buck prov bag limit. Personally hate the use of 4pt season and reasons I posted in this thread. Would much rather see it replaced with a different style of restriction that did not involve age class and had limited impact on hunting days