Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

Re: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

--- I think the Ministry should put all mule deer in Region 3 on LEH. No open seasons like now.
    Get away from anybuck yok tober and regular season, 4 point and antlerless, too confusing.
    --- With leh the count control wood be easier, more efficient, and could be used and regulated over the entire season from Sept to Dec, and a report from successful numbers from hunters who got lucky and got an leh and the ones who applied but dint win, could b questioned as well about why etc they chose this Reg 3 for leh mules etc. This is about sustained conservation of mules.
    ---+- > The Ministry has a great record in Region 3 for suburb game management and wild life habitat protection over many decades. Honest concern, I've met many from here and they are top of the line.
    =-//----> I'm thinking this is what the Ministry is setting up but won't tell because of the back lash at first and the outrage etc. Too hard for hunters of old to handle, the newbies will just accept it as a new digital world and a game to play and win a tag whoa man !
    Jel -- this is what you will see in two years or so, LEH Mule Reg 3 LEH Only! -- mark my words
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-25-2017 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Thee Ministry is god -- they will follow jelly's plan

The rut closure in 5 has done nothing for deer numbers. It's time to address real wildlife issues if we want to start seeing change.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    The rut closure in 5 has done nothing for deer numbers. It's time to address real wildlife issues if we want to start seeing change.
    Exactly!

From what I can gather, they want to take the most productive region in the province and make it fall inline with the two neighbouring regions that are in a diwnward spiral! Guess they are taking the everyone must suffer equally approach.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Jel -- this is what you will see in two years or so, LEH Mule Reg 3 LEH Only! -- mark my words
    You will never see all Region 3 Mule Deer on LEH. Good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by luckofthedraw View Post
    They mentioned a stat that something like 90% of the mule deer in region 3 are shot during the month of October during any buck.
    So if 90% of the harvest of mule deer in region 3 is during the any buck season, what exactly will a rut closure in November during the 4 pt season accomplish??

LEH is the future of all by what I see going on, the mule deer leh I suggest for our Ministry to follow goes like this.
    ----- Make it all leh for antlered and antlerless, no counting tines and all that, if you got an leh antlered, and you see a mule with tine go for it and also for antlerless same type of thing.
    ----- Make it a fun leh for mules in Region 3
    ----- help make leh group application for mules for a hunting party -- not just single aps.
    ----- help to set leh up for hunting party's of four down to two members.
    ----- if party wins, both or all four get a relevant mule leh tag. This wood be more fiscal for hunters.
    ----- The Ministry sets leh mule in Reg 3 for financial use also the income from applications for these wanted tags would be welcomed and used to apply protection of mules in Region 3 itself.
    ----- LEH mules by leh only in Reg 3 would increase the Ministry's income by applications alone.
    ----- We owe it to ourselves as muley hunters in reg 3 to obey the Ministry at all times.
    Jel -- let's be honest and work with our Ministry together to enhance our reg 3 mule deer habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    So if 90% of the harvest of mule deer in region 3 is during the any buck season, what exactly will a rut closure in November during the 4 pt season accomplish??
    Exactly! Seems as though they are trying to fix something that isn't broke...

If 90% are harvested in any buck how many of those are 3 point and smaller? Probably close to 100%. The one year I hunted Kamloops we hunted a popular area and saw three 4 points in two days. Mid November. Don't recall how many big 3 points we saw, but saw many. This is something I feel could be addressed. Open it for a week mid November to take out some of those big 3 points.

--- I think the Ministry should put all mule deer in Region 3 on LEH. No open seasons like now.
    Get away from anybuck yok tober and regular season, 4 point and antlerless, too confusing.
    --- With leh the count control wood be easier, more efficient, and could be used and regulated over the entire season from Sept to Dec, and a report from successful numbers from hunters who got lucky and got an leh and the ones who applied but dint win, could b questioned as well about why etc they chose this Reg 3 for leh mules etc. This is about sustained conservation of mules.
    ---+- > The Ministry has a great record in Region 3 for suburb game management and wild life habitat protection over many decades. Honest concern, I've met many from here and they are top of the line.
    =-//----> I'm thinking this is what the Ministry is setting up but won't tell because of the back lash at first and the outrage etc. Too hard for hunters of old to handle, the newbies will just accept it as a new digital world and a game to play and win a tag whoa man !
    For God sakes Jelly, your one of the good ones, stop drinking and typing on this site!! Region 3 has the healthiest overall mule deer numbers in the province, yet they have the most liberal seasons, so do you really think hunting regs are affecting the populations?? Have they done any aerial surveys etc that indicate there's a low buck:doe ratio??? EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET IT IN THEIR HEADS: ADULT FEMALE SURVIVAL AND JUVENILE SURVIVAL IS WHAT CONTROLS POPULATIONS! We know it's hard to get seasons back once they go to LEH, so please stop spewing nonsense...now I have heard there's a problem with wolves in the north of region 3, so that would be a problem, and the one thing I don't like for the south of region 3 is they give out a lot of LEH doe tags, like 180 in 3-12 and 195 in region 3-13, that I think is a little much, but still, from my observations, the mule deer are healthy in these areas and in other areas of region 3, so LEH for all I think is insane...

LEH is the future of all by what I see going on, the mule deer leh I suggest for our Ministry to follow goes like this.
    ----- Make it all leh for antlered and antlerless, no counting tines and all that, if you got an leh antlered, and you see a mule with tine go for it and also for antlerless same type of thing.
    ----- Make it a fun leh for mules in Region 3
    ----- help make leh group application for mules for a hunting party -- not just single aps.
    ----- help to set leh up for hunting party's of four down to two members.
    ----- if party wins, both or all four get a relevant mule leh tag. This wood be more fiscal for hunters.
    ----- The Ministry sets leh mule in Reg 3 for financial use also the income from applications for these wanted tags would be welcomed and used to apply protection of mules in Region 3 itself.
    ----- LEH mules by leh only in Reg 3 would increase the Ministry's income by applications alone.
    ----- We owe it to ourselves as muley hunters in reg 3 to obey the Ministry at all times.
    Jel -- let's be honest and work with our Ministry together to enhance our reg 3 mule deer habitat.
    Or, how about we keep our open seasons, so every one is buying tags and all that $$$ is now going back into wildlife, and we apply it to aerial counts, predator control, habitat restoration projects etc and do what's right for wildlife like science has taught us, rather than doing what makes us feel good and think we're making a difference by managing hunters...I like equal opportunity for all, how's that sound??

From my own experience I have always seen a healthy population of deer in region 3 but I am no expert of course.