Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

Re: Reg 3 Mule Deer Survey 2017

Looks to me they got the answers they wanted.
    I filled mine out like a good boy, a waste of my time. I said at the time the answer will be kill more whitetail, restrict access, and brow beat the other regions to fall in line with region 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but iirc you moved here recently from Alberta yet all you do is complain about how ****ed up things are and a long list of what's wrong with BC hunters. Maybe try looking for a little positive once in a while? Or ... /rant

Actually I was born in BC and majority of my hunting has been in BC. I moved away from BC for a few years and have been back since 2007

I was raised to think BC was the greatest hunting around and believed it for along time. After I moved away I experienced a big difference in hunting quality. Over the years I also got to know hunters from different provs and states. Then started to realize the southern 2/3 of B.C. the hunting is a mess. We can brag about long seasons and that’s about it

Hunters say how seasons have no impact and B.C. Really we have always had long seasons that did not change. Instead point restrictions were add and some populations dropped to the point of LEH. To those who say we tried different hunting restrictions well not really it’s just a slightly different paint job

I am frustrated whatching BC be a shadow of what it could be. I do watch BC hunters fight like dogs to not loose one day. I do watch them fight any possible thing that may change there hunting rather then look at long term possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Care to post up some examples? Behind in what? Habitat? Growing monster mulies? Woof culls?
    Not many landscapes compare to BC , if any. Stuff for another thread maybe.
    The truth is the true difference in BC is the variety oh habitat. There is not place with the variety of habitat but there are many places that share habitat just like portions of B.C.

Biggest mistake in BC harmonization of management regardless of habitat and populations. Yes BC is different for the example I have given. Rather then saying BC is different open our eyes to the similarities to portions of BC many places share. Open our eyes to the fact that with all the micro habitats BC needs to pay closer attention to each area

Everyone preaches habitat but yet ignores we manage it all like it’s the same

I am about to head to work so can’t dig for examples truth is they are there and if you don’t see them now it’s because you have chosen not to

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    How about we "actually try to enhance habitat first" this time, before we go the route you think would be most beneficial.??
    Sorry, but, it used to be that there were "burns" that happened in the 70's to help wildlife from what a retired
    Kamloops Bio told me.
    Something that rarely happens now....and now, I think they will just let Mother Nature do what it did this past
    summer.
    Or maybe they will smarten up, and see that doing prescribed burns are actually cheaper then the costs are to
    fight them like it did!!??....if they smart enough to figure that out??
    But, again....lets try a different approach then what has been happening for 30+ years.
    Instead of Restrictions and closures.....how about "fixing it up" and dropping some dogs first.
    All for habitat enhancement but we need to manage the habitat we have now. Can always change as things improve

I am all for Pred management but I have also hunted areas with higher wolf numbers that had higher game numbers

In my opinion BC needs a complete over haul but it’s not going to happen. We also need to work with what we have instead of relying only on habitat enchancement and Pred control because these projects are great long term but take years to get results. More so nothing has even started on these issues or even a date when work will start on these

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I filled mine out like a good boy, a waste of my time. I said at the time the answer will be kill more whitetail, restrict access, and brow beat the other regions to fall in line with region 3.
    why was it a waste of time? Because your views dont align with others? Would it have been a waste of time if others aligned with your views?

guest Guest

Well now, your negativity will certainly help GROW wildlife won't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebuster View Post
    why was it a waste of time? Because your views dont align with others? Would it have been a waste of time if others aligned with your views?
    You nailed it Gamebuster.

People are often of the view that their small minority MUST be right. And when managers cave to small, vocal minorities, we see decisions that aren't in the interests of wildlife nor hunters. In the past, that was very prevalent, and is a large part of the pickle we find ourselves in in some areas now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !