Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightforce SHV or Swaro Z5??

Re: Nightforce SHV or Swaro Z5??

I looked at the specs...the other problem with the SHV is that it weighs 47 pounds.

I own 2 NF and a swaro ... if it doesnt say NF or Swaro, im not interested. Tough choice, Your gonna to really have to do your own DD to determine whats going to fill your need.

If it was an NXS i would say the NF would be a tougher scope, Swaro better glass. I havnt read much about the new SHV, they look really nice. Whatever you come up with, you are going to be in heaven.

Best of luck , keep us posted on your choice
    Last edited by Chopper; 04-25-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

Quote Originally Posted by agsilver View Post
    i looked at the specs...the other problem with the shv is that it weighs 47 pounds.
    lmao .......

Pulled the trigger on the SHV 5-20 x 56. On its way! I know the Nightforce are heavy but the durability gives me a chubby. Swaro glass seems to be a little crisper but hunting with an $1800 scope and bumping it accidentally is a reality for me. I can suck up an extra 10 ounces of weight if the scope is going to last me an extra 10 years. Super excited to start banging steel at 800 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Steve View Post
    Pulled the trigger on the SHV 5-20 x 56. On its way! I know the Nightforce are heavy but the durability gives me a chubby. Swaro glass seems to be a little crisper but hunting with an $1800 scope and bumping it accidentally is a reality for me. I can suck up an extra 10 ounces of weight if the scope is going to last me an extra 10 years. Super excited to start banging steel at 800 yards!

Pics of mounted scope ASAP !

You won't be disappointed. I bang steel at 800 no problem with my shv 3-10.

I'm still really impressed with the torture tests they put their scopes through before sending them out on the market.
    I'll be looking at one for sure when I purchase a scope again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Chaser View Post
    I'm still really impressed with the torture tests they put their scopes through before sending them out on the market.
    I'll be looking at one for sure when I purchase a scope again.
    Yeah, I think that was the deciding factor for me. It will spend time in my sidekick bombing up gravel roads, over my shoulder bumping trees and branches occasionally, on the quad traveling from A to B, and will get well used and appreciated. Just nice to have piece of mind knowing the durability is there.
    Thanks for the insight guys! Much appreciated...